RIP Batman

RIP, another 1960's ICON passes!
adam-west-jay-leno.jpg

RIP indeed. Though I was a late teen at the time and a college student, I just never got into the Batman show. Still I have to admire Adam West's fortitude in hanging in there over the years. It must have been humiliating to have to drag out the costume just to make a buck. He was a much better actor than what he got to show most of the time IMO. YMMV

Why did you post this? I hate bad news. I was just about to eat. I was a member of the batman fan club, Im fat, bald, and its hot out today , bad news can cause me health problems. I liked the guy, i didnt even know he was sick. Another childhood hero of mine gone.

I flashed back to running home from school to watch Batman on our 13" B&W TV with my brother. We were 6 or 8 at the time and always ended up in a wrestling match during the end of the episode fight scene. Very little discipline at home during those years as my mom was always preoccupied by thoughts of my dad away in Viet Nam. Those seem in retrospect like very good years, but the perspective is probably foggy.

RIP Adam - pow.....sock......wham

It must have been humiliating to have to drag out the costume just to make a buck. YMMV

He seemed to enjoy it. Took the kids to meet him in in the mid-eighties as part of an auto show. He was quite nice and even flirted a bit with the ladies. Maybe all a put on, but he was cordial with kiddies and always smiling. Burt Ward (Robin) also.

1+ on eagerly awaiting each episode in the '60's.

He seemed to enjoy it. Took the kids to meet him in in the mid-eighties as part of an auto show. He was quite nice and even flirted a bit with the ladies. Maybe all a put on, but he was cordial with kiddies and always smiling. Burt Ward (Robin) also.

If you can believe Burt Ward, the Batman years were one long sexual romp for the Dynamic Duo. Read "Boy Wonder: My Life in Tights."

Back
Top Bottom