RIP Big Money Jim

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
I learned yesterday of the sudden passing of forum member Big Money Jim, Early-Retirement.org's first Admin. Jim had been an infrequent visitor to the board over the past few years but was one of the members who helped form this community and is responsible for some memorable history – notably the Day of Jennifer incident. Jim used his Admin skills to pull off a gag on the entire board, suddenly changing everyone's user name to “Jennifer” and causing quite a stir.

For those interested, Jim provided an occasional update of his FIRE journey on this short thread.

Jim retired in 2019 and got the chance to pursue his goal for a nomadic lifestyle, at least for a couple of years. He was 52.

Thanks for the update, REWahoo. RIP Big Money Jim

I learned yesterday of the sudden passing of forum member Big Money Jim, Early-Retirement.org's first Admin. Jim had been an infrequent visitor to the board over the past few years but was one of the members who helped form this community and is responsible for some memorable history – notably the Day of Jennifer incident. Jim used his Admin skills to pull off a gag on the entire board, suddenly changing everyone's user name to “Jennifer” and causing quite a stir.

For those interested, Jim provided an occasional update of his FIRE journey on this short thread.

Jim retired in 2019 and got the chance to pursue his goal for a nomadic lifestyle, at least for a couple of years. He was 52.

Sorry to hear this.

I remember Big Money Jim from the old Motley Fool REHP board. It looks like he joined here a bit before I did, so I never saw his introductory post until now. And I still remember the oh-so-funny Day of Jennifer.

Glad to know that he had a few years to enjoy early retirement, pre-pension and pre-SS.

RIP Jim...

omni

Sorry to hear this. 52 is way too young.

I'm sorry to hear of Big Money Jim's passing. I've been following his journey on Mr Money Mustashe where he had a journal. So young.

Not to be morbid but curious of cause of death. I often see here "I was healthy until I wasn't". Reminds us all, that every day is a gift that can be taken away in an instant. 52 is WAY too young.

I remember him.

We may not meet anyone on this forum face to face, but to me, the news of a member's passing is sad and hurts the heart. :(

That being said, I do appreciate the update.

Last edited:
Sad news. I wish I had been reading these forums when the brilliance of Hurricane Jennifer blew through. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for sharing that information. My condolences to Jim.

My condolences to his family and friends. 52 is way too young. A good reminder that every day is precious.

Condolences to BMJ's family and friends. It's good to hear he enjoyed a few years of retirement.

Missing Jim

I also learned of Jim's death and decided to stop by to emphasize how kind and generous he was, always willing to be helpful with the oddball computer issue. I met him a few years ago and enjoyed our visit immensely as we gossiped about all the board characters. I will miss him and as others have said, too young.

As a newbie here, didn't know him, but I thank you for the posting and link to his original thread. I hate that he didn't get more time after all his planning, hopes and dreams. It's touching and sobering to now read his posts in light of this news. We all say "you never know" but too often, it doesn't hit home the way it needs to.

Oh, this is really sad. I'm glad BMJ was able to enjoy a few years of retirement, but as others have said 52 is way too young. RIP, BMJ.

My condolences to Big Money Jim's family and friends.

My condolences to his family and forum friends who knew him.

The Day of Jennifer sounds like it was an interesting day!

Thanks for letting us know. RIP Big Money Jim.

RIP BMJ. One of ER's OGs

Old days come and go too soon
Old friends, heroes, lifetimes
Don't let a single memory fade away

FYI - Jim had a website:
https://www.bigmoneyjim.com/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom