RIP Prince Phillip

I watched BBC (long version) coverage of today's proceedings, which included a great deal of information on Prince Philip's background, causes, service to Country, and charities, as well as his relationship with the Queen. I thought it was very well done.

God Speed.

I watched BBC (long version) coverage of today's proceedings, which included a great deal of information on Prince Philip's background, causes, service to Country, and charities, as well as his relationship with the Queen. I thought it was very well done.

God Speed.

Long before we had a TV (in dose days - well, never mind) I watched Queen Elizabeth's coronation highlights on (probably) Movietone news at the theater. Dad always took my sis and me to the movies to give mom an afternoon of rest on Sunday. I was so impressed as a 6 year old. It was almost magical. The Prince was this tall man with this beautiful queen. I didn't understand why he was left out of most of the ceremonies.

I also recall asking my dad what those strange gadgets were that many of the folks in the actual audience were using. He explained that they were periscopes so they could see over the audience's heads. I became so fascinated that I insisted that dad help me build one of my own. Funny what a kid will obsess on. I've never forgotten the pomp and circumstance of the event. I watched Princess Di's wedding (highlights) as well but couldn't recapture the magic. I guess they couldn't either. There seems to be a time and place for magic. RIP Prince Phillip. I hope you find as much magic now as when you were Prince.

The picture of the Queen sitting masked and all alone at her husband's funeral is just so sad.
I hate this virus!!

The music yesterday, unbelievable ..anyone who loves music should stream the service. It wasn't very long. Four singers provided goose bump inducing music.

The first number commonly know the Naval hymn..was epic.

I'm in awe of the knowledge these church builders had so many centuries ago. When we were at York cathedral we were lucky enough to hear a small group practicing. The amount of sound and tone they produced was mind blowing.

Back
Top Bottom