Join Early Retirement Today

Roller Derby Girls
Old 11-12-2006, 08:28 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Roller Derby Girls

http://wokeuptoday.blogspot.com/2007...-girls_08.html
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Roller Derby Girls
Old 11-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTien
Went last night with wife and daughter to see the Minnesota Roller Girls take on the Ohio Roller Girls in St. Paul.
I had a great time! Couple thousand people, lots of Pabst Blue Ribbon and a great Polka band at the break - everybody got down on the floor and polka'd their butts up and down... I mean we had a great time...the polka guy had this 20 foot horn that rested on the floor and he played Free Bird in tune and sounded just like Lynyrd Skynyrd

Those girls can skate, have skanky outfits and do they have attitude! Lots of knock downs and players falling in the crowd..you have to pay extra to sit where you can have one land in your lap....I recommend you check it out in your area...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_derby

http://www.mnrollergirls.com/teams/

Teams around the US
http://wftda.com/leagues.html
What is this post doing on a political forum?

Which team of Roller Girls represented the Dems and which the Reps? The Polka band is confusing......I have Polish friends from all sides of the political spectrum and everywhere inbetween. So, should a loyal Dem or Rep hate or love that band? How did you feel and how about the people sitting around you? If you didn't agree politically with the people sitting around you, did you quickly decide they were stupid and that you hated them? And the people who went out and danced and drank PBR, what about them? What political persuasion did they represent and if it didn't agree with your own, did you belittle and hate them?

Moderators, why are you allowing a venom-less post to stay on the board?

Oh yeah.......sounds like a good time! Thanks for the tip!

Old 11-12-2006, 10:05 AM   #3

Here's a dem giving it good to a repub...

http://www.mnrollergirls.com/photos/...011605_Album_5
Old 11-12-2006, 10:35 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Here's a dem giving it good to a repub...

http://www.mnrollergirls.com/photos/...011605_Album_5
Cool. But, wouldn't the repub's be the guys dressed in black with the handcuffs hanging from their belts?

Those Minnesota Roller Girls girls are something else! Just look at those muscular legs and sharp teeth! They kind of remind me of the girls field hockey team at the small college I attended . They regularly scheduled games vs. Big Ten opponents and other large schools and kicked their butts big time, every time. Our little school's athletic claim to fame. When they walked into a bar in town, the football players would meekly climb off their stools and offer them to the "ladies!"

You know how to have a good time DanTien.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

I agree, this is out of place. Isn't anyone watching these forums?

At the least, the girls should have the personal freedom to be as skanky as they wish, with ticket prices set by the market ...

Sounds like a fun time!
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Photos of those skanky outfits, DT... :P

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #7

YouBet - you still in chicaguh area?
The Windy City Rollers have their last bout of the season tonight - the championship between the Hells Bells and The Fury- in Cicero
My money's on The Fury!

http://www.windycityrollers.com/leag...s/hb_team.html
Perhaps their parents knew what destruction these dames were capable of. The Belles were sent to the finest finishing school to become prim and perfect in every way: full of charm, grace, and beauty. However, they discovered that the system was broken and the rules were antiquated and stifling. They assembled in secret in the dorm room of Athena DeCrime and Varla Vendetta, and it became apparent that these twisted women were no ladies and had mayhem on their minds. On March 2, 2005, the night of their cotillion, the Belles displayed simply appalling etiquette by torching the ballroom to the ground, burning all the lacy white gloves, smashing the teapots, and schooling all the manner marms who had tried to corral these razing rebels. Now on the lam, the Hell's Belles maintain their femme fatality on the track.
Beware of the blazing Belles as their inferno rages through the pack; where there’s smoke, there’s a smoldering Belle!

http://www.windycityrollers.com/leag...y/tf_team.html
Remember that girl that made the teacher flinch every time she walked into the classroom? Or that kid you could always get your fireworks from? The Fury represents the kind of wicked women those little girls become.
From the streets of nowhere on the road to trouble, these hellions have no remorse when it comes to getting what's theirs. Crimson Crusher and Kami Sutra became close friends shortly after Kami ran into Crimson't fist after being caught taking Crimson's brand new hard shelled Adidas from her gym locker. Joining up with the likes of Hurricane Charlie, Anne Putation, and Anita Applebomb, the two became a motley crew.
This bunch of bad girls, who came from broken homes and troubled lives, learned to run the streets like Oprah runs the lives of hard up suburban housewives. Combined, the rap sheet between the Fury reads like a Nabokov novel. Nailed for arson, assault, jaywalking and smuggling these ladies have learned a few major life lessons.
Never turn your back on your sister...she may stab you.

HFWR - each leagues' site has a photos section - 8) http://wftda.com/leagues.html
Old 11-13-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Went last night with wife and daughter to see the Minnesota Roller Girls take on the Ohio Roller Girls in St. Paul.
I had a great time! Couple thousand people, lots of Pabst Blue Ribbon and a great Polka band at the break - everybody got down on the floor and polka'd their butts up and down... I mean we had a great time...
Boy it must be cold on the Mainland this month...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:43 PM   #9

If this catches on, we'll soon see a roller-derby League of Their Own starring Angelina Jolie and Uma Thurman--with Kathy Bates in the Tom Hanks role.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
Boy it must be cold on the Mainland this month...
Quote:
Originally Posted by astromeria
If this catches on, we'll soon see a roller-derby League of Their Own starring Angelina Jolie and Uma Thurman--with Kathy Bates in the Tom Hanks role.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:46 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
YouBet - you still in chicaguh area?
The Windy City Rollers have their last bout of the season tonight -
Oh yeah, I'm still here. And I didn't know about the Windy City Rollers! I have been leading a incomplete life. Too bad I've missed this season, but you can bet I'll be there next year! Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:07 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I watched this stuff when I was a kid. Always came on Saturday afternoons right after wrestling. I remember watching the San Fransico Bay Area Bombers. Had an old guy on the team by the name of Charlie O'Connor. I wonder if he was related to Justice O'Connor?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOG52
I watched this stuff when I was a kid. Always came on Saturday afternoons right after wrestling. I remember watching the San Fransico Bay Area Bombers. Had an old guy on the team by the name of Charlie O'Connor. I wonder if he was related to Justice O'Connor?
I watched The Bombers too, they had a men's team and a women's..I think I read that Captain Charlie is Sandra's Dad...