Rolling Stones 2015

"Weekend at Bernie's" starring Keith Richards? Who would know?

If you think Keith Richards is bad you should watch the latest Tom Petty concert.

Kiss and the Rolling Stones are the most overrated bands of the last 50 years. I'd rather listen to the 8 productive years of Led Zeppelin than 40 years of these bands. AC/DC still knows how to rock. Granted they are a one trick pony but they do it so well.

Is this what happened?

Interesting discussion

Attachments

• Keith.JPG
    Keith.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 70
If you think Keith Richards is bad you should watch the latest Tom Petty concert.

Kiss and the Rolling Stones are the most overrated bands of the last 50 years. I'd rather listen to the 8 productive years of Led Zeppelin than 40 years of these bands. AC/DC still knows how to rock. Granted they are a one trick pony but they do it so well.

I have stated before that I've mostly stopped doing classic rock shows. I think many bands are "only in it for the money", or are too narcissistic and/or tone-deaf to realize how subpar they are...

Hard for me to criticize the Stones; what a catalog of songs.

But Kiss? Ewww...

Oooh, I'd love to see Mark Knopfler!

We took my mom to Raleigh to see the stones a long time ago. Good show, but count me in for the big stadium haters group. Beck is coming to our local coliseum and I couldn't even get up the gumption to buy tix before they sold out. I'd love to see him, but just hate the crowds.
Ditto Bonnaroo.

Sons have done Bonnaroo (and burning man). We (aka "DW") figure that with nice RV and the special up-front parking area for them in Manchester, we will do Bonnaroo at least once post-retirement. No longer up for sleeping under the truck as one son did (and, he saved money by not paying for a shower....). OTOH, Burning Man will require me to find someone else to attend with--she is not going to sit out in the sandstorms and interact with the many trippers....

Few years ago, my neighbors' son drove from Chicago area to Burning Man. His car took quite a beating. They were cleaning grit/sand out of it for few yrs. afterward.

Yes my son called today to see if we catch them in Dallas. Dw saw them in 75'

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Went ahead and purchased at ticket master. Didn't know that my AMEX let us purchase them a week before everyone else! Another benefit.

Daughter and Son-in-law bought 3 tickets ($77 each) for the Indianapolis concert on Saturday, July 4th. Concert will be at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway which is 4 1/2 miles from my house. They've offered me the 3rd ticket for free, but I'll probably pass. Local music critics are already calling it the worst venue ever. Just don't like the large crowds anymore.

Often get asked if I'm going to see (whatever old rock band is in town), and I say: "Bought their records and supported them all of their lives; don't feel like contributing to their retirement fund".

Back
Top Bottom