Rules of Thumb

Quitting smoking is easy, I've done it hundreds of times.

I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dream.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.

You don't get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.

Stupid people will mistake your confidence for arrogance.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Last edited:
Never eat unfamiliar food before a road trip or getting on stage.

Understand that everyone has a different agenda that may not always align with yours.

Never say never.
+1

It is what it is.

Always trust your gut feeling/intuition/ESP, whatever you want to call it--pretty darn accurate, in my opinion!

When your EOD guy starts running, try and keep up with him.

If you’re being chased by a bear, and you are with another person, all you need to do to survive is to stay ahead of the other person.

If you’re being chased by a bear, and you are with another person, all you need to do to survive is to stay ahead of the other person.

Lol. That’s what I tell my kids when we are in bear territory.

I'm partial to Niven's Laws:

"Never throw **** at an armed man" & "Never stand next to someone who is throwing **** at an armed man."

lol. That’s what i tell my kids when we are in bear territory.

IMG_1929.JPG

No matter what age you decide to start your SS payment, it's the wrong age....

Somebody said this to me years ago and I remembered it. When guessing a woman's age , give it your best guess, then subtract ten years off of it.

Never ask a woman if she is pregnant, or assume she is pregnant and ask when she is due or if she is having a boy or a girl. Never. Ever. No matter how big she is.

Never ask a woman if she is pregnant, or assume she is pregnant and ask when she is due or if she is having a boy or a girl. Never. Ever. No matter how big she is.

I think writer Dave Barry put it best: “You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.”

Caution - Thread Hijack!

War story from w*rk.

New production manager has heated conversation with long time master scheduler. She gets emotional and asks (demands) that he leave her office.

Points to note here: he's rather crass; she's theory X to the level that Machiavelli would have been proud of (also very much on the "plus size").

Okay, he comes out to us peers and explains that he got in a dust up. We all feign angst and remorse and tell him that she's "in a delicate condition."

So, our fall guy goes back later and apologizes for being combative but was unaware that she was in a family way.

A great, great day at the office! :LOL:

My wise MIL told me that acceptance is the key to happiness.

Trying to change the past or change others is a waste of time.

Haha, that is true. I wore bigger size when I was pregnant, nobody dared asked if I was pregnant. Finally when we had real management change as is in taking over permanently, one of the VPs asked when I was due. My clueless coworker said to me, he thought that’s weird question, why would they think I was a book, as it was due in library sense.

The way I learned it was never ask a woman if she’s pregnant unless you can see the baby’s head emerging.

After breaking my ankle the PT was teaching me how to navigate stairs. I told him how nervous it made me and he advised, " If you're going to fall, fall up. " Good career advise too.

If you can't say something nice about a person, sit next to me

99% of the universe is statistical.

A man who will cheat on his wife will cheat you too.

Silence is golden.

Back
Top Bottom