Join Early Retirement Today

Rusky Spies Apply for ER
Old 07-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Rusky Spies Apply for ER

Glad to see these guys under lock and key, but it surely makes me wonder how many more (surly you do not think that this is it, do you?) of these folks are still toiling for Mother Russia in our very neighborhood.

(Any of you ER folks part of this Rusky effort?)

Quote:
Two suspects charged with having served as deep-cover Russian agents living in the United States have told investigators they are Russian citizens and have been living under false identities, according to a court document released Friday.
A letter from prosecutors opposing bail for the suspects said that the man known as Michael Zottoli is really a Russian named Mikhail Kutzik. The government also said the woman known as Patricia Mills is a Russian citizen named Natalia Pereverzeva.
Prosecutors said that Zottoli and Mills waived their rights to remain silent and made the admissions soon after being arrested at their Arlington, Virginia residence over the weekend. The couple was living as a married couple and has two small children.
3 suspects in Russian spy ring case ordered held - CNN.com

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

What were they spying for??
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

As one of the news anchors said: What Top Secrets could they find out living in the 'burbs? Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to just Google it?
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
As one of the news anchors said: What Top Secrets could they find out living in the 'burbs? Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to just Google it?
Seems odd doesn't it?
However, the Rosenbergs were convicted of spying on Los Alamos from the lower east side.

I have been way to garrulous today. Will shut up and go to bed now.
IndependentlyPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndependentlyPoor View Post
Seems odd doesn't it?
However, the Rosenbergs were convicted of spying on Los Alamos from the lower east side.
Didn't one of the Russian leaders say in his biography (or something like that) "Thank God for the Rosenbergs." I thought that put those doubts to rest.

Mike D.

- R. Earth
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Didn't one of the Russian leaders say in his biography (or something like that) "Thank God for the Rosenbergs." I thought that put those doubts to rest.

Mike D.
I was just trying to be neutral in my wording. However, the link I included was to an official FBI webpage, and there isn't much doubt to be found there.
IndependentlyPoor is offline   Reply With Quote