Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't own an RV and have no plans to get one

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • I don't own an RV but would like to buy one sooner or later

Votes: 26 24.8%
  • I have not given this matter any thought

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
Have you had your trailer weighed fully loaded with all your camping gear? I noticed on another thread your truck is rated for 7,000 lbs and that baby looks like it might be more than that - especially once you get some groceries in it. :)

Truck and trailer weighed 10540, truck alone weighed 5840, so trailer weigh's 4700. The trailer has aluminum skin on both inside and out and aluminum studs between. The floor and cabinet doors are the only wood in the trailer.

The trailer wasn't fully loaded, but I still have some room to spare.

I once owned a '69 Apache pop-up, which I eventually donated to The Salvation Army. Thinking about a small hardside or maybe one of Rich's Trailmanors, since I don't want to buy a 3/4-1 ton pickup, and can't really afford a RV. TBD...

Truck and trailer weighed 10540, truck alone weighed 5840, so trailer weigh's 4700. The trailer has aluminum skin on both inside and out and aluminum studs between. The floor and cabinet doors are the only wood in the trailer.

The trailer wasn't fully loaded, but I still have some room to spare.

That is surprising, it is lighter than my 24' aluminium trailer. Ditto on material inside and out, including ribs.

I don't have one, but we've thought about it for years. Just saw Sarah's RV. It's pretty tempting, he says as he sits in a merely half decent hotel room. I think it would be a lot of fun, and we could take the dogs instead of kenneling them. We don't currently have anywhere to keep one. So camping is still in a tent, and travelling is still hotel based for now.

Dang show-off with your fancy hotel room while the rest of us got carney feet with the hippies. :D But we do get to have later nights!

And as for Ha's question--our 1976 Argosy (Airstream) motorhome is a source of continuous joy to me and a source of moderately sporadic maintenance for DH. But mama's happy....

I haven't spent a night in my very new to me van rv but I think I will like it so I voted that one. It's all legal now & clean so I'm packing it up for trip half way across the country with my 2 cats who hate each other. It didn't look dirty but 7 buckets later, it looks a lot better. Plus I found some things that needed fixing.

Birch cabinets in mine too. Digital Tv stereo, the works. Most hotel room don't have all the stuff in mine.

Gotta ask... Would that be one of them - or you? :cool:

That would one of them - the trouble maker snake. He's lovey dovey to people & dogs but is mean to other cats. Blood has been drawn.

After all this trouble with van RV, I'm not giving it up!

I've got a couple of mean cats--bring a spray bottle with a long range. That helps in the just outside the bedroom door wars that we seem to have every now and again. Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom