Say something positive

+
I checked my federal return status using myTurboTax software. Best estimate of the refund being direct deposited is March 18. :D
-
I owe an equal amount (the refund) + $200 in school taxes by end of April. :(

Keeping my glass half full. ;)

freebird5825;1046515I owe an equal amount (the refund) + $200 in school taxes by end of April. :( [/QUOTE said:
School taxes? In IL, that is a major major part of our property taxes. What state do you pay school taxes.

School taxes? In IL, that is a major major part of our property taxes. What state do you pay school taxes.
NY. I live approx 60 miles east of Syracuse.
My property taxes are split between county and school taxes. Yes, 2 separate bills from 2 different agencies. How efficient. :whistle:
I currently pay $4600 total per year on a 1977 vintage house in the country on a 1.25 acre lot.
I have not grieved my tax bill because I have made major improvements to the interior of the house over the years. Sssshhhhhh ;)
I can pay the school tax all at once or in 2 separate payments in April and October. I pay it in 2 installments. I participate in the NY Star program for resident homeowners, so I get a little bit of a break there.
http://www.orps.state.ny.us/star/index.cfm
County taxes are paid all at once in January. I get a 10% discount on county taxes because my late husband was a veteran.
http://www.co.oneida.ny.us/oneida/sites/default/files/budget/2011 adopted budget.pdf
A taste of things to come...
http://www.uticaod.com/news/x90331640/Difficult-Oneida-County-budget-choices-ahead

Today was a beautiful day! The trees are budding, the birds are singing and my yard looks great after spending the day working in it. Tomorrow is looking good too!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have 19 days left until RE!:whistle:

Today was a beautiful day! The trees are budding, the birds are singing and my yard looks great after spending the day working in it. Tomorrow is looking good too!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have 19 days left until RE!:whistle:

Nice Dessert... do u have a silly grin yet? I know I would.

Something positive.... my little ones are in bed sound asleep and I got a nap in this afternoon while they kept DW busy but I was up at 4am. :whistle:

Yesterday was warm enough to get in an hour of motorcycle riding. Nothing like a little bit of wide open throttle in second and third gears. Yeeeeha!

Motorcycle quotes:

"People who ride motorcycles understand why a dog sticks his head out the car window."

"As I shifted into sixth, I forgot everything she said."

Also put down lawn fertilizer.

It will be 46 and sunny tomorrow. Mr B is going to Albany on Legion business with the guys and I am driving to Cazenovia NY to see a college friend.
ROAD TRIPS! :LOL:

The sun rose today
Strong belief in God keeps me humble
My family is healthy
Folks here are nice

It will be 46 and sunny tomorrow. Mr B is going to Albany on Legion business with the guys and I am driving to Cazenovia NY to see a college friend.
ROAD TRIPS! :LOL:

Be sure to put the top down.

Be sure to put the top down.

So, you want freebird to roadtrip with her top down, won't she catch a chest cold? :cool:

Ok, who gets it first ? :bat:

It is NOT convertible season yet, dudes. I need some serious spring showers to wash all that salt off the road.
Once that cleansing action happens, yes, I drive with the convertible top down, the windows rolled up and the heat on full blast. A nice warm sweater and a windbreaker, warm fuzzy ski pants and light cotton gloves are all I need to be comfy.

The looks I get :cool: from other motorists are priceless. :LOL:

While Mr B and I were at dinner last night at a local Italian restaurant (established 1908 by immigrants), the dinnertime piano player announced 3 birthdays at different times during the evening. The entire room sang Happy Birthday to the special guests. I looked around and saw that every single person was joining in and applauding.
It was a very nice feeling to see that people can still do positive things as a group. :flowers:

As for something positive - - (you KNOW I am full of positive thoughts these days!)

Each day of ER is so much fun. Not only that, but despite the bobbles the market is still making me SO happy. Sure beats late 2008, doesn't it? :D I lost another pound this morning and today is gym day, which I enjoy.

Flowers are blooming. Birds are chirping. Enjoy springtime, everyone - - this is the only one we get in 2011.

Flowers are blooming...
Ah, hay fever season...
big_sneeze-3584.gif

Enjoy springtime, everyone - - this is the only one we get in 2011.
Thanks heaven!

Back
Top Bottom