Saying Good-bye

:( maybe you can look for another Emily Ann out there, not to take her place, but to love you just the same.

Pretty name.

After my sweet Michelle, my best buddy, went over the rainbow bridge I lasted 7 days before another dog came into my life.

I remember a Sanford & Son episode where Fred is thinking about getting remarried and looks up to the sky to talk to his late wife and says "she can never take your place, but I need someone to take your space".

So even though she came into my life to take Michelle's space, she now has her own place in my heart. Having the new dog did help alot - and she's now my little love and my shadow who makes me laugh with her silly antics.

My condolences to all those who have lost a pet. It hurts so much.

One of the hardest decisions I had to make was having my golden retriever Tory put to sleep at the age of 13, back in 2008. I've had pets die before, but this was the first time I had to make the decision to have one put to sleep. It really was time, as both of the dog's hind legs had pretty much gone out and she could barely walk. I had to carry her down the stairs to go out, and carry her back up.

It really was painful, and the only thing that really made the pain fade away for me was time. I had to have a 10 year old cat, named Kirstie, put to sleep just this past December, and I feel a bit guilty to admit this, but the second time was easier. However, the circumstances were also a bit different. Whereas Tory would have still lived awhile longer, albeit in miserable conditions, Kirstie had kidney failure and would probably have died within a few days.

Back
Top Bottom