Scotch on Weeknights - ER is great!

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I mean being able to take two 3 fingers of glenlivet on a weeknight ! fabulous!

... and you can do it again tomorrow night. >:D:D I [-] know[/-] have heard that others do it all of the time. :rolleyes:

btw have you tried Balvenie double wood? lovely for sipping and pondering life

Blended is better. Chivas I say!!!! Chivas!

Blended is better. Chivas I say!!!! Chivas!
Depends upon the label. Have you tried JW Blue ... very nice ... when I really want a splurge.
... but I lean towards single malts personally ...

hey chinaco you trying to hijack this thread and start a blended vs. single malt fight? >:D

I don't drink :angel:, but when I retire I look forward to drinking diet Coke on week nights!

(Right now I really can't, because it messes with my sleep.)

If I am drinking blends I drink Black Label, when I splurge on single Malt I drink several: Balvenie though I prefer McCallen 18 but it is usually over $100 a fifth

Black Label is a blend as I said but its primary blend component is Oban which is of course a single malt, try the two side by side and you'll find that if you want to drink a less expensive single malt drink JW Black Label

I like scotch (esp. single malts), but I think that some of the best bargains in whiskey are in bourbon. Plus it goes will with bluegrass music...

"I am Conner McCloud from the clan McCloud, I was born in the village of GLENFIDDICH on the shores of Laceone, and I AM IMMORTAL"!!

Ok, sorry about the Highlander reference........:)

So i should be more discerning about what i dump in my Pepsi?

On my trip to Scotland last month I took a tour of a distillery near Pitlochry, Scotland. It's now owned by Bell distilleries and only makes one, single malt product: Blair Athol.

Here's a picture of Pitlochry Pitlochry Feature Page on Undiscovered Scotland

Anyway, I've never cared for Scotch, but after tasting their single malt I was hooked. Took another tour of sorts in Edinburgh and bought a bottle with my 10-pound discount coupon: $60 for 12 year, Blair Athol single malt. I haven't checked local prices here, if it's even available. Anyone know?

Now I want to build a Scotish pub in the basement. I've got it all designed in my head with white ceilings with dark ceiling beams, a bar on one end, wood burning stove on the other end, white stucco walls covered with period pictures and ancient artifacts, etc. I picked up several special sipping glasses for nosing and sipping the Scotch.

DW isn't sold on the theme yet, but these things sometimes take time to sell.

have you tried Balvenie double wood? lovely for sipping and pondering life

The Balvenie line is great, and the double wood is a fantastic value. Tends to lack enough "challenge" for the experts, but just right for my taste. Macallan is one that seems to do well both with experts and my friends.

I just wonder why you waited until ER.

18 year old glenlivet last night.. 52nd birthday was mucho enjoyable.. Woke up today ran 11 miles life is good.:cool:

The Balvenie line is great, and the double wood is a fantastic value. Tends to lack enough "challenge" for the experts, but just right for my taste. Macallan is one that seems to do well both with experts and my friends.

I just wonder why you waited until ER.
I think this comment is directed at you newguy :cool:

I've been drinking the stuff for the last 40 years or so. Started with J&B (it was cheap and available at the stores that uh sold to anyone :rolleyes:) and worked my way up (or down depending upon who you talk to :angel:)

I think this comment is directed at you newguy :cool:

I've been drinking the stuff for the last 40 years or so. Started with J&B (it was cheap and available at the stores that uh sold to anyone :rolleyes:) and worked my way up (or down depending upon who you talk to :angel:)

Oh I never waited until ER just that its real nice to be able to well drink a bit more on a weeknight now knowing I do not have to get up at 4am to head to work. Been drinking single malts for about 20 years, since a good friend came back from scotland and said dude ya gotta drink this instead of Jack Daniels.

I think you guys lavish a lot of love on alcohol. You may get your clothes at Value Village and wear underwear with holes in it, but when it comes to booze you are aristocrats. :)

Ha

I think you guys lavish a lot of love on alcohol. You may get your clothes at Value Village and wear underwear with holes in it, but when it comes to booze you are aristocrats. :)

Ha

Damn straight. One has to have one's priorities straight. :D

Since you're still working, I take it this is to prep you for your school teacher duties the next day?

Since you're still working, I take it this is to prep you for your school teacher duties the next day?

My HS math teacher kept vodka in his locker. In 3 years I never saw him completely sober.

Ha

My HS math teacher kept vodka in his locker. In 3 years I never saw him completely sober.

Ha

You had drunk teachers? :eek: Wow! In the Chicago public schools, we only had drunk security guards. Older siblings had run the teachers off years before we got there........ No wonder you're such a thoughtful, well spoken fellow today Mr Ha!

Now I want to build a Scotish pub in the basement. I've got it all designed in my head with white ceilings with dark ceiling beams, a bar on one end, wood burning stove on the other end, white stucco walls covered with period pictures and ancient artifacts, etc. I picked up several special sipping glasses for nosing and sipping the Scotch.

DW isn't sold on the theme yet, but these things sometimes take time to sell.

That sounds so cool!

Ha

My father worked with a guy who nobody knew drank until he showed up sober one day.

Back
Top Bottom