SE Texas property

Sam said:
I like swimming in crystal clear blue water, and such thing does not exist anywhere in Texas.  Everything is murky.

Saw lots of real nice blue water from about Corpus down to South Padre every time I was down there. The current bringing sediment west from the Mississippi delta doesn't go down as far as Corpus.

AltaRed said:
Saw lots of real nice blue water from about Corpus down to South Padre every time I was down there. The current bringing sediment west from the Mississippi delta doesn't go down as far as Corpus.

AltaRed,

You're right.  From Corpus Christi down, it does get a litte better.  I was in South Padre island a few times, and it's good.  But it's all relative, and relative to "crystal clear blue", it's not quite there yet.

"Home prices in the suburbs of Houston have gone up about 2% a year for the last 10 years. That is, they have not even come close to matching inflation. There are no good investment opportunities in the area."

thanks LOL for your input. Do you have anything backing that up? Or is that something you have come across in your own home value?

Mwsinron said:
"Home prices in the suburbs of Houston have gone up about 2% ....

thanks LOL for your input. Do you have anything backing that up? Or is that something you have come across in your own home value?

Thanks for the link eridanus. I had not read that before, but I guess I didn't have to because we have lived it.

In my neck of the woods, there have been some home listings where the asking price is identical to the sales price of six years ago. Also, each year the Houston Chronicle newspaper publishes a section on the value of homes based on actual sales price all broken down by neighborhood. It is not a pretty sight. But home prices spike up a little each time a few Californians move in during nice weather in October or March and forget that this is Texas, so they overpay.

Overall, not a bad place to retire since the area is quite cheap ... it may be cheaper living here than in Mexico.

Back
Top Bottom