Senior Citizens kidnapped and torture Financial Advisor

I had to read the story to learn what a Zimmer frame was (walker). Fun quote:
'They bound me with masking tape until I looked like a mummy. It took them quite a while because they ran out of breath. When they loaded me into the car I thought I was a dead man.
And who said Grandmas & Grandpas can't be dangerous?

Hasn't happened to me yet..must be my gun collection...........:)

They bound me with masking tape until I looked like a mummy....

Went to a Bar Mitzvah, was surprised that wrapping a person with TP like a mummy is a party game. Apparently it's fun to watch the [-]victim[/-] participant try to walk; the most artistic wrapping wins. I don't get out much.

Sounds like the work of Dexter Morgan.

That would violate his code of justice. The crooked financial adviser never killed anyone.

What a terrible story! This guy must have been reviewing his life, not knowing just how mad these kidnappers were. :(
He's one smart cookie - probably saved his own life with that FAX.

The one thing that jumps out is that the FA has an account in another country (Sweden) to get funds from? Hmmmmmmmm makes me wonder if he was another Madoff type. I understand market conditions, but a 2M loss does seem a bit high to me.

This whole deal sounds crooked all around. The senior citizens have mob connections. They are investing money that the FA knows is undeclared and being hidden from tax authorities. The advisor put the money in some high risk Florida (overseas to them) real estate deal that he claims blows up and takes all their investment. The FA has $2 Million accessible in an account in (yet) another country.

When faced with investment losses, the senior citizens opt for criminal actions that risk life imprisonment or maybe even death penalty, not to mention similar reprisals from the FA family. There must be more to this story.

This sounds a bit like a hoax to me. I mean, it's too perfect. They hit him with a walker. A walker isn't that heavy. They had to pause because they were out of breath. "A physician had to be on hand to help his captors into police vans because of their various infirmities."

I like the part: "He was naked except for his underwear."

Back
Top Bottom