Senior Sayings

"Watch where you're goin, and go where you're watchin"

QUOTE FROM “THE SCREWTAPE LETTERS” C.S. Lewis

“I do not expect old heads on young shoulders."

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.” - Socrates tiredly echoing old people everywhere throughout history

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya!

"The music these days is crap!"

Old people were saying this when I was a kid. Now, people my age are saying it. It's the same, too - no specifics, no reasons given. Lazy thinking and groupthink.

"The music these days is crap!"

Old people were saying this when I was a kid. Now, people my age are saying it. It's the same, too - no specifics, no reasons given. Lazy thinking and groupthink.

We can go even further back:

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.” --Socrates

And these newfangled lyres and panpipes give me a headache!

We can go even further back:

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.” --Socrates

Back
Top Bottom