Sexy whiskey glasses

RobbieB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I preordered a pair of Norlan whiskey glasses.

Even if the "magic" is overstated, they still look cool - :)

Beats the price of nice wine glasses! Hopefully, you'll enjoy them as much as we enjoy our Zaltos.

Wow, never really appreciated how much there is to something as simple as a whiskey glass!
Regardless, those glasses do look very handsome!

Last edited:

I'm glad you found something really nice that you want! :) They look very distinctive in that photo.

Last edited:
Nice glasses...I have a weakness for quality, unusual, painted glass drinking glasses. Almost makes me want to take up drinking whiskey so I can order a set or 2 ;).

I worked at an office and brought in a small stubby glass for icewater as they had an ice machine.
I picked a short stubby glass as I had to take the train and walk many blocks, so I wanted a strong glass, so as to not have broken glass in my knapsack.

When I left 6 months later, one of the fellows said he was going to miss me walking around with my whiskey glass :D

Our set should arrive shortly. We supported the Kickstarter campaign so you could have the opportunity to order yours. Glad we could help, lol.

I didn't even know about it until a guy posted on another site I frequent.

I thought it was cool, ordered up a set and pasted it over here.

Internet word of mouth - :)

I don't drink whiskey but I do drink beer, this mug has a certain sexy tactile quality...

Attachments

• DSC00329.JPG
    DSC00329.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 28
I was thinking Sexy Whiskey Glasses was going to be like Beer Goggles on steroids.
Nice looking glasses.

Those glasses are nice, but my wife already collects enough glasses for both of us.

I worked at an office and brought in a small stubby glass for icewater as they had an ice machine.
I picked a short stubby glass as I had to take the train and walk many blocks, so I wanted a strong glass, so as to not have broken glass in my knapsack.

When I left 6 months later, one of the fellows said he was going to miss me walking around with my whiskey glass :D

At home, my favorite glass is one like that because it is sturdy and squat so I will not tip it over. In fact, this inexpensive glass is my everyday-use glass, with which I drink everything from water to wine, and gasp, even Cognac or gin when I am not entertaining (I do have proper glasses for different drinks for the right occasions).

12458535-Whisky-glass-and-ice-isolated-on-white-background-Stock-Photo-whiskey.jpg

And speaking of brandy in a whiskey glass, I have to play this song by Tom Waits.

Temptation

Rusted brandy in a diamond glass
Everything is made from dreams
Time is made from honey slow and sweet
Only the fools know what it means
Temptation, temptation, temptation
Oh, temptation, temptation, I can't resist
I know that she is made of smoke
but I've lost my way
She knows that I am broke
So that I must play​

Last edited:
I don't drink whiskey but I do drink beer, this mug has a certain sexy tactile quality...

I thought it was a plumber's butt!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I have been using a set of octagonal glasses I got from Glenlivet many years ago. These Norlan glasses really look cool. I spoke to DW about them, and said I thought they would be an extravagance. In her great wisdom, she said,"And how much do you spend on flying?".
I just placed my order. I will be giving one to my copilot who also like single malts.:)

not even gonna post a picture of my jelly jar glass.

Guess I'll just have to do it for ya. It's just tougher to drink whiskey or brandy out of one.

PAY-the-worlds-first-jelly-made-purely-from-beer.jpg

By the way, it is easier to listen to Diana Krall's rendition of Temptation than Tom Waits' original, not to mention she is nicer to watch.

At first glance, thought these were "sample" containers :D

Guess I'll just have to do it for ya. It's just tougher to drink whiskey or brandy out of one.

PAY-the-worlds-first-jelly-made-purely-from-beer.jpg

By the way, it is easier to listen to Diana Krall's rendition of Temptation than Tom Waits' original, not to mention she is nicer to watch.

That looks totally like a rear end. Trimmed in lace.

Last edited:
I use a Glencairn glass as well. The other one is a bit too pricey for me. The base looks narrow and unstable to me as well. I like the design though.

At first glance, thought these were "sample" containers :D

It's interesting how people's imagination differ, same as the reaction to ejman's mug.

But that's a heck of a lot of "sample". They don't need that much to do a test, you know. :facepalm:

By the way, a plumber's rear end may be hairy. Just to let you know.

Last edited:
Do you know if it has a heavy base? My good friend an neighbor has a pair of scotch glasses I really covet, they look similar to those but they have a nice heavy base and feel just nice in your hand. I have quite a collection of nice scotch glasses but I can't find that particular one. I liked these, I might have to order them too!

Back
Top Bottom