Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-13-2023, 07:23 PM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

I moved last year cross country, and I have just finished part one of blow that dough. I have outfitted my quilting studio or as I call it the quilt cave, but, due to a huge flareup of trigger finger in my right hand I cannot put together the stuff to finish it. But surgery is next week so things are looking up. And I just bought a new MacBook, my first one ever!

This will allow me to continue on the genealogical endeavor that I have been doing for 30 years. I am very happy where I planted myself, I am surrounded by people who love me, and life is good.
Cerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2023, 07:56 PM   #42

Ok - sounding like a broken record for this thread:

- lucky to have been born to an upper middle class family where mom stayed home when I was in grade school (she went to work when I was in middle school). Have state college paid for so no student debt. To have role models of a mom who was proud of the career she made when she went back to work, and a dad who was a great engineer role model inspiring me to go into the same profession. To have both parents push us (including my brother) to be well rounded - able to sew, cook, change oil on a car, do math, write an essay. No gender stereotypes - we were expected to learn to do everything. Also parents taught me frugality and a love of both camping and international travel.

Also very lucky to have been fixed up with my now husband. He was also frugal, also loved travel, had similar views on family, child rearing, and life in general. We met later (I was 37, he was 47), but have made a wonderful life together... can't imagine how my life would have turned out if I hadn't met him.

Still haven't checked my megamillions ticket - I know no one won the big jackpot, but maybe I won the $1million. LOL
Old 01-14-2023, 10:04 AM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
Ok - sounding like a broken record for this thread:

Also very lucky to have been fixed up with my now husband. He was also frugal, also loved travel, had similar views on family, child rearing, and life in general. We met later (I was 37, he was 47), but have made a wonderful life together... can't imagine how my life would have turned out if I hadn't met him.
. LOL

DW and I had this conversation last night. Can't imagine how couples could stay together, especially in these divisive times, if they didn't share the same views on family, politics and life in general.
Pointby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 10:55 AM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

yesterday was Friday the 13th, and it lived up to the superstitions. Our roomie got sick and tested positive for covid, and is isolating in his motor home.
Our luck? DW and I have tested negative last night and this morning and feel fine. We are two vaccinations up on him though, with one of the covalent vaccines too. I will get more tests from the local library but am hopeful that we are good to go.
skyking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 02:12 PM   #45
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointby2 View Post
DW and I had this conversation last night. Can't imagine how couples could stay together, especially in these divisive times, if they didn't share the same views on family, politics and life in general.
So true. DW and I had a long enough courtship that we KNEW each other well. Our few disagreements became "agree to disagree." DW and I also had a talk before kids. We agreed that we'd not disagree in front of the kids. We'd back each other - even if we disagreed. Then in private we'd discuss any significant child-rearing issues. Rarely had to. The kids quickly figured out that playing one parent off against the other was futile!

I guess one could make the assertion that "luck" had little to do with it but YMMV.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote