Shop at costco.com without a membership

Hmmm...who issued the card and is it still available? My citibank issued amex rewards card only pays 1% and it seems they dont even offer it anymore, and the costco cash rewards card from amex also says 1%. And the one I have is capped at (IIRC) $350 a year and I hit that by about april or may.

It's a plain old AmEx issued card, but one that doesn't appear to be open for new applicants...it's still on their website, but I was surprised to see that it doesn't appear as an option when applying for a new card:

https://www124.americanexpress.com/cards/cda/dynamic.jsp?name=PlatinumCashRebate&type=intProduct

Thats the same formula that discover card used for their sams club rewards card. I did the math on it then and unless you spent a lot more than 15k a year you'd do better with a flat rate 1%/1.25% card.

I dont have my math brain with me today, so that may not be the case any longer.

CFB, thanks for posting about the Costco limited-time free membership. I bought a George Foreman G-5 grill that Costco had as a special sale item. Shipping was free/included and fast.

The only caveat with the Costco AMEX and the Costco Executive membership is that both rewards have to be spent at Costco.

I was able to take the AMEX rebate to Costco and they gave me cash. The Executive Costco rebate is only usable at Costco

Back
Top Bottom