Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-10-2019, 01:24 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Go Cards! I was upset the game started at 5 EST, left work to see the score 11-0!!! Woo hoo! One of my co-workers is a die-hard Braves fan also...and yep, sure enough they weren't here at work today.
strobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan View Post
Not a lot of sympathy for the Braves fans here .

Thankfully, we will not have listen to another "Tomahok Chop" chant again this season.

Go Cards

Looking forward to a Red October.
With you all the way, CardsFan! I am enjoying a playoff season I did not expect, and hoping for more!

I got to thinking ... Yadier Molina retires after next year. Remember when Derek Jeter announced his retirement a year early so the various opposing ballparks could offer some recognition as he did his farewell tour? Well .... I think it would be a very fine thing for Yadi to do the same all next year. Each team could play a highlight reel of Yadi's heartbreaking, clutch hits against it. Then they could give him a cheer. It would be just the thing

Go Cards
Old 10-10-2019, 01:34 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellice View Post
I got to thinking ... Yadier Molina retires after next year. Remember when Derek Jeter announced his retirement a year early so the various opposing ballparks could offer some recognition as he did his farewell tour? Well .... I think it would be a very fine thing for Yadi to do the same all next year. Each team could play a highlight reel of Yadi's heartbreaking, clutch hits against it. Then they could give him a cheer. It would be just the thing

Go Cards

I have a feeling that if he did that next year the Braves might hit him instead! (either him or Flaherty)
strobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExFlyBoy5 View Post
Why? To create chaos in a peaceful thread? Take that crap to Facebook and Twitter.
Why snipe? Simply ignore what you don't like.
whitet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:14 PM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Go (St)Rangers!

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #26
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Was there in 2015 to watch the Jays get thrashed at home by the Royals 14-2 in Game 4 of ALCS but it wasn't over quite that fast.
6miths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius King View Post
And then the Dodgers told the Braves, "Hold my beer and watch this!" LOL.
I played golf today with long time, die-hard Dodger fan. When I went to bed last night they seemed well in control. I was more than surprised to see what happened, and wish I'd recorded it just to witness the breaking hearts of 50 Thousand Dodger fans.

And then I thought of the Braves and I thought, well, at least the Braves had the heart to just let it all go in the first inning so folks could get on with their lives, but the Dodgers gave their fans several hours of false hopes, following 6 months of false hopes.

As far as my golf buddy, I would be hard pressed to guess who he was more unhappy with, Kershaw or Dave Roberts. I think Dave Roberts.
HadEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #28

Went to a Cards game in St. Louis a few weeks ago. Couple weeks after Paul DeJong hit the M in the Big Mac sign above the field. Had the best time: GO CARDS. He bought that M - started long term relationship with Ronald McDonald house and charities for kids.
https://www.mlb.com/news/paul-dejong...n-big-mac-sign
Old 10-10-2019, 03:32 PM   #29
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samething View Post
Should be a good game tonight. I think it will come down to how deep Cole can go into the game. If it comes down to the bullpens we have the advantage. Go Rays!!
Don't follow sports like in the past, but still go Rays.