Skin Lotion

Vaseline Intensive care cocoa butter lotion.....very good, not greasy, and smells awesome.

I used Amlactin, and my doctor calls it the super lotion, but it may hurt sometimes. I switched to Aveeno unscented, and it's great.

we use the cetaphil cream lotion in the jar - from costco...unscented, works great...

New combination that seems to be working....

Eucerin Skin Calming Dry Skin Body Wash Oil (I use some at the end of my shower)
CeraVe cream (after the shower)

I do well with Epicerum...a prescription cream from my dermatologist. It is the only thing that is is completely non-irritating for me. It does not have sunscreen btw.

Gold Bond lotion, unscented version. Cheap and available everywhere. I can't stand sticky or smelly lotions and this is the best I've found.

I used to use a lot of moisturizing lotion, but haven't needed any at all since I moved to a climate with more humidity that is easier on the skin. I don't even need chapstick any more. YMMV

Well, if you don't mind sticky and smelly - try pure Lanolin oil.

Very sticky and "earthy" when you first apply it. Smell dissipates somewhat.

Feels great in the morning after it has plumped up all those dry skin cells!

You can read lots of reviews on Amazon that give pros and cons.

I remember seeing a photo in NatGeo a long time ago of a sheep farmer who hand sheared his sheep. He was ancient. His hands looked like a 20-year-old's.

Kindest regards.

Another vote for Bag Balm, it's 100% lanolin. I used to have to take steroids for years in the dry cold. Haven't had to do that since discovering what lanolin does.
MRG

Curel Itch Defense is absolutely the best. For years would get dry, itchy skin in the winter and this is amazing stuff. DH has psoriasis on his shins and even he likes the stuff. And it's fragrance free.

Back
Top Bottom