Skunk Smell - Marijuana?

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My neighbors are retning their house to some college students.

I noticed a skunk smell around their house, and assumed that there were some skunks nesting somewhere. But when I happened to go to their door, I found that the smell was coming from inside.

Two things:

1. The smell is now very strong. When we drive by the house, we notice the smell in our car.

2. It smells EXACTLY like skunk, not just a little like skunk.

Do you think it's from pot? From my college days, it was not my experience that pot caused a skunk smell. Are there some varieties that smell like that?

If so, do you think that because it is is so strong, that it indicates a growing operation?

Note that I have no problem with them smoking pot. I did let my neighbor (the landlord -- a friend of mine) know, since if that smell lingers, they'll be screwed.

TromboneAl said:
Two things:

1. The smell is now very strong. When we drive by the house, we notice the smell in our car.

2. It smells EXACTLY like skunk, not just a little like skunk.

Do you think it's from pot?

I think it's from a skunk.

It is likely some high quality cannabis indica (aka - skunkweed) which, indeed, smells exactly and strongly like skunk when being grown. Dead giveaway for the amateur urban farmer.

TromboneAl said:
Note that I have no problem with them smoking pot. I did let my neighbor (the landlord -- a friend of mine) know, since if that smell lingers, they'll be screwed.
I bet that motivates your neighbors to share!

It is likely some high quality cannabis indica (aka - skunkweed

It's amazing what I learn on this forum. I have never heard of skunkweed, but from now on when I smell what I think is a polecat pissin' in the wind, I will consider this data. I might even follow my nose and see who in the neighborhood is tokin some "woodspussy" grass.

ronin said:
It is likely some high quality cannabis indica (aka - skunkweed) which, indeed, smells exactly and strongly like skunk when being grown. Dead giveaway for the amatuer urban farmer.

Not to be confused with skunkcabbage.

Mike D.

MikeD said:
Not to be confused with skunkcabbage.
Maybe, but I think it'd take a blind taste-test of a batch of brownies.

If they're cultivating the noble weed this time of year, it's either in the closet or a greenhouse.

Any homes for rent near you, T-Al? >:D :angel:

i smelled pot once,,,,, but i didnt inhale

ronin said:
It is likely some high quality cannabis indica (aka - skunkweed) which, indeed, smells exactly and strongly like skunk when being grown. Dead giveaway for the amateur urban farmer.
I didn't expect to learn anything about "dope" on this board. Back in the day, we occasionally tried some wild growing midwest "skunkweed" we assumed was left over from hemp growing days. We thought the nick-name was of recent origin and indicated that you "got skunked" on quality. Now I learn that the hydroponics underground uses the term to denote a high potency brand.

Sticky Skunk

Here's what some sticky indica looks like:

Attachments

• skunkweed1.jpg
    skunkweed1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 23
  • skunkweed1.jpg_thumb
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
results of repeated usage

and here's how we enjoy our reefer:

Attachments

• doobie_master.jpg
    doobie_master.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 23
  • doobie_master.jpg_thumb
    37.9 KB · Views: 0
Yikes ronin... that looks like an uber-doobie

I'd like to place an order - Do you accept American Express? :D

I'll take an O-Z of the skunk weed. And some papers..... :LOL:

Get a high mag telescope, and take a peak at their electricity meter. Those grow lights require a ton of juice to run. Or have your wife bake a cake, then go over and give them the housewarming gift. See if you get anything in return.

Alternatively, could they be making beer/wine/moonshine? Sometimes fermenting mash has a really strong odor if you're doing it in large quantities.

justin said:
Or have your wife bake a cake
You mean "brownies", right?

Maybe they'll hand over some loose-leaf decaf green tea!

One year (in a past life) we stuffed a Thanksgiving turkey with some oregano like substance ;). Talk about a loss of motivation after that meal!

could be pot...could be a skunk

how long have they lived there? if less than 60 days or so, prolly not the pot

most advanced indoor farms have basic equipment (activated carbon, ozone etc) to eliminate odors as they are ventilated out of the grow room to keep temperatures down.

my guess is that if they had enough of the sticky icky to make it stink in ur car, they have an advanced/large setup AND the knowledge on how to hide the smell

i vote skunk

Back
Top Bottom