Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-22-2019, 08:33 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
I agree.... I would never abuse the referee... well, much... the only time I did was when the goalie grabbed my daughters ankle as she was going by her outside the box... by rule a direct red card... ump did pull it out but then changed to a yellow... I was mad as she did injure my DDs ankle... and the free goal that would have happened...
Thanks. We appreciate that. BTW there is no "automatic red card" rule. Everything is "in the opinion of the referee"
timbervest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2019, 10:34 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbervest View Post
Thanks. We appreciate that. BTW there is no "automatic red card" rule. Everything is "in the opinion of the referee"

Thanks for your note... and your refereeing...

From what I see on TV that is not what they say... that if a person has a clear path to the goal and is fouled it is a red card.. and this does not include the goal keeper... so I would say that if the goal keeper does it then it definitely should apply...

From FIFA...

Unfairly denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity
If an outfield player who intentionally blocks a shot to goal with his hands will be punished with a red card. The same punishment is given to a defender who fouls an attacker when there is no other defender between him and the goalkeeper

I am sure there is language somewhere that says it is in the opinion of the referee, but it is listed as one of the red card offenses... and it does say "will" in the language not "may"...
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:01 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbervest View Post

Well, what can I say.... I saw it happen again today and no card at all...

My DD was racing toward the goal, the defender was behind her and grabbed her shoulder and pulled her down... just outside the box...

Just a plain foul... REALLY

I think they were being very lax in their calls as this was a showcase for college coaches and not a tournament or league play...
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote