So Rachel Ray supports terrorism?

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I liked Rachel Ray better before she was discovered and they made her lose all that weight, but this is patently absurd:

BOSTON (AP) -- Dunkin' Donuts has pulled an online advertisement featuring Rachael Ray after complaints that a fringed black-and-white scarf that the celebrity chef wore in the ad offers symbolic support for Muslim extremism and terrorism.

rachael_ray.ap.03.jpg

'Paisley' or 'jihad?' Dunkin' Donuts yanks Rachael Ray ad - May. 29, 2008

Sometimes it feels as if the entire world is going mad or is it just that some people have so little in their lives that they have nothing better to do than to link a certain type of scarf to terrorists.

I think the only extremist here is Duncan Donuts,in fact why are they so sensitive?i think they are hiding something,maybe they are secretly supplying donuts to the enemy.

She certainly a terrorist to me. Man that woman is annoying.

She certainly a terrorist to me. Man that woman is annoying.

Well, to me, Paris Hilton is a terrorist, along with Lindsay Lohan, Britney, and a few others.........:p

You can throw "Brangelina" in that mix too..........:p

Don't any of you watch her cooking show? 30 Minute Meals and Death to America! with Rachel Ray

She makes health bombs in 30 minutes with all the canned goods! Insidious...

Whether you like her as a person or not it sets a dangerous precedent if you can lose your job because some one doesnt like the color of your scarf and starts calling you a terrorist and your company actually believes its ok to fire you because of it.

Around a year or so ago she edged out Bobby Flay for "food network star you'd most like to light on fire".

Hey, I like Sandra Lee!

I couldnt for the life of me tell you anything she's ever cooked. Heck, I'm not sure she's actually cooked anything at all on her show.

20071227ho_sandypink_500.jpg

Ok, seems she's done some burgers. Nice.

And she doesnt hate America!

Guess I might swing by Dunkin' Donuts and get me a few "freedom holes" (I think they used to be called donut holes)

Whether you like her as a person or not it sets a dangerous precedent if you can lose your job because some one doesnt like the color of your scarf and starts calling you a terrorist and your company actually believes its ok to fire you because of it.

Did you read the article at the link? She didn't get fired. Dunkin Donuts started to take heat because some idiots were complaining about the scarf, so they just stopped showing this ad. It is a rational business decision: They are trying to get customers to eat our doughnuts, some whackos have started an internet buzz that they support terrorism because she's wearing a scarf (:confused:), the controversy is going to hurt the business, so stop showing the ad. Simple. Businesses steer away from controversy all the time, unless it helps to sell a product. Ben and Jerry's and a few other companies have harnessed this in the opposite way, convincing people to spend extra for a mediocre ice cream in order to show solidarity with liberal causes. Kinda funny--"Show your Marxist sympathies by supporting these particular capitalist pigs."

Is that a real person? Sandra Lee looks like a plastic doll in a kid's doll house. I hope that's just an unflattering picture.

I had a scarf exactly like that in the late 80's, a present sent to me by my then BF's sister who lived in New York City.

I didn't know for the longest time that it was the traditional Arab headdress. I just liked the black-and-white pattern. I was mildly surprised when I saw a pic of Arafat with the same item but he was wearing it on his head and not using it as a scarf. I probably thought, "Cool, I have the same item as an international figure!"

On Sandra Lee: I have never seen her before but her pic reminds me of the Stepford Wives.

Last edited:
My wife, who does not cook, loves watching the Food channel to come up with ideas for her "You should make that" statements. She watches Sandra Lee, or whatever her name is, to see how she has color co-ordinated her kitchen for that episode.

I have a dish towel that has the exact pattern of Arafat's (you know, the Nobel prize winner) headgear.

Mike D.

PS - There is an unflattering, sexual oriented video with modified audio of RR out there. It's kinda funny.

Guess I might swing by Dunkin' Donuts and get me a few "freedom holes" (I think they used to be called donut holes)

Hmmm, why is it that "freedom holes" sounds like something likely to be experienced at sea with a Village People song in the background?

Did you read the article at the link? She didn't get fired. ."
You are right,they just pulled the ad and i dont know if DD paid her anyway but its a sad day when a few kooks can dictate how a company the size of DD runs its ad campaign on the strengh of what color scarf some one wears.Wish these kooks could do something about the gas prices..

The whole food channel thing is a bit tired.

What I want to know is where is the Beer Channel? 24x7 beer shows. Yeah Baby!

They should track down the a-hole who started the whole scarf thing, and beat the crap out of him/her...

Sandra has a nice rack... >:D

Is a "freedom hole" anything like a "glory hole"? :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom