Join Early Retirement Today

So this is what the democrats have running in virginia.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #1
gone traveling

So this is what the democrats have running in virginia.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashaw.htm

I must say, I am as liberal and open minded as they come, but this writing if it is for real, I have only seen these small passages is well, not my cup of tea.

Geeze wiz the republicans are gonna stay in power.

Even in NJ the race looks like it might go to Kean.

Crazy, yo democrats you are in trouble, even though I will vote out republicans where I live, I hope. But man gimmie some substance . Tell me how you will find and kill bin laden!!
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: So this is what the democrats have running in virginia.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I haven't seen much vision from any Democrats in Arizona except for our govenor. Janet Napolitano has also run the only positive adds I've seen this election. Most of the adds for other Dem candidates are simply smear tactics against admitedly pathetic incumbent Republicans. I don't know who made the decision not to run on any ideas but simply to attack the incumbents as Bush supporters. It doesn't look to me like it is going to work. I'm expecting an incumbent landslide.

Having said that . . . considering the source of your posted url, I wouldn't bet on the accuracy yet.
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888
But man gimmie some substance . Tell me how you will find and kill bin laden!!
I believe that Bini Laden has been dead for years. It is politcally important for both sides 'to keep him alive'. - If they found him dead and things didn't get better (which they won't), who would be our enemy then?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
I believe that Bini Laden has been dead for years. It is politcally important for both sides 'to keep him alive'. - If they found him dead and things didn't get better (which they won't), who would be our enemy then?
I do not believe he is dead, in fact if you read peter bergan he states quite clearly that bin laden is able to move freely in the area in and near wazeriastan and in pakistan.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I do not believe he is dead, in fact if you read peter bergan he states quite clearly that bin laden is able to move freely in the area in and near wazeriastan and in pakistan.
There is pretty good evidence that Peter Bergan is dead and that bin laden supporters provide text and tape to make it look like he is alive.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
All I can say is, I want to meet the gal who prepared the banana split.

Ha
Old 10-27-2006, 06:35 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
http://www.drudgereport.com/flashaw.htm

I must say, I am as liberal and open minded as they come, but this writing if it is for real, I have only seen these small passages is well, not my cup of tea.
I have no idea if these are accurate quotes, nor of the context that surrounds them, but I have gotten the impression that Webb is a bit of a troglodyte. The only value I can see in electing him over Allen is as part of a partisan effort to change the leadership in the Senate - you sacrifice VA so we can get new committee chairs and a real opposition on the hill . But, then again, you really don't sacrifice VA since Allen is not a better choice, just an equally distasteful choice. What the hell, lets go for the change.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:44 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff
I have no idea if these are accurate quotes, nor of the context that surrounds them, but I have gotten the impression that Webb is a bit of a troglodyte. The only value I can see in electing him over Allen is as part of a partisan effort to change the leadership in the Senate - you sacrifice VA so we can get new committee chairs and a real opposition on the hill .
I'm shocked, just shocked I say, that you're referring in this manner to one of the most famous members of USNA '68, a decorated Marine, a best-selling author, and a former Secretary!

Navy Cross aside, don't forget to mention that since Vietnam he's developed a reactionary temper that doesn't work well with others... and, oh, yeah, let's not forget about that notorious "Why Women Can't Fight" article. He apparently neglected to review his findings with my spouse.

Am I the only one wondering what differentiates a Reagan Republican from a Democrat?

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

Where is NOW and the other womens' groups? It always amazes me how silent they remain when things like this surface in connection with a Dem.

Do you think the reaction would be a just a little different if Webb was a Republican?
Arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #10
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc
Where is NOW and the other womens' groups? It always amazes me how silent they remain when things like this surface in connection with a Dem.

Do you think the reaction would be a just a little different if Webb was a Republican?
We need a third party.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:24 AM   #11
Full time employment: Posting here.

Good point, Arc.

Well, we have a third party, and more. But everytime someone mentions libertarians / Libertarians, you get the eye rolling. Most folks have never even investigated the philosophy or party. Ironically, years ago the WSJ polled, and found about 40% of Americans were libertarian if you just looked at their political beliefs.

Frankly, I think folks enjoy complaining. It's a national hobby. Why else continue voting for Republicans and Democrats, bitching about the results, and taking the fascinating position of not wanting to "waste" their vote ...
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:49 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
We need a third party.

Cut Throat, the floor is yours.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:55 AM   #13

Quote:
We need a third party.
Take political science 101 at a local community college. Then you will understand that as long as our elections our decided by a plurality instead of a majority vote, that we will only have 2 major parties.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:39 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
We need a third party.
Ralph Nader in '08! It is his time!
samclem is offline   Reply With Quote