So, what's for dinner at your place tonight?

Tomorrow AM is another story. I'm planning a benedict of a toasted round of hearty multigrain bread, topped with a thin little filet mignon cooked in butter (I cut the filets myself from the primal cut), topped with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. With a side of sauteed wild mushrooms and broiled sliced heirloom tomatoes from the local CSA topped with irish cheddar.

In other news, I'll be having marital relations after breakfast tomorrow.

after that heavy meal i assume marital relations means you'll both be falling back to sleep together immediately after breakfast.

Trader Joe's Wild Rice Risotto, with some Goat Herder cheese to stink it up.

I got lazy tonight. Made a nice slaw of red cabbage and carrots with a dressing of mayo, salt, pepper, tabasco, whole grain mustard, honey, and sherry vinegar with a roast chicken from costco. Cut me some slack, I spent all day tearing up and leveling the floor in one of the bedrooms and taking Gabe on a shopping spree to 3 hardware stores, where every knob was turned, every button pushed, every lever thrown and every tractor pretend-driven.

Tomorrow AM is another story. I'm planning a benedict of a toasted round of hearty multigrain bread, topped with a thin little filet mignon cooked in butter (I cut the filets myself from the primal cut), topped with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. With a side of sauteed wild mushrooms and broiled sliced heirloom tomatoes from the local CSA topped with irish cheddar.

Sounds like a hearty breakfast!

In other news, I'll be having marital relations after breakfast tomorrow.

:D:D:D:D

Homemade beef stew, homemade cornbread, corn on the cob, homemade Boston Cream Pie for dessert.............

Smoked Brisket

Smoked beef brisket (put it on the grill this morning at 4:30 and went back to bed), baked potato, side salad and a beer.

I took the easy way out: I dumped a (14oz) can of White Beans in a pot and threw in a big hand full of Shrimp (31-40 count) cut into thirds. I added some Olive Oil and a couple (okay, maybe more) cloves of minced Garlic. Heated it just until the Shrimp turned red. Served with Chopped Walnuts. That was enough for the two of us... pot empty.

Last night we split a burger at a "picture food" restaurant. [Picture food restaurants are the ones with pictures of the food on the menu. Actually, this place didn't have pictures, but it was that same kind of place.]

Substituted (bountiful and good) fruit for the fries, no drinks just water. Nice atmosphere, plenty of food, total with tax: $8.53 plus generous non-split tip.

Entertainment: trying not to feel self-righteous while watching super-obese couple put 40 shakes of salt on the potatoes (+ sour cream) of their prime rib dinners.

In other news: We got into the orgy for half price!

Last edited:
Last night was leftovers with two screaming children under 4 providing the atmosphere. :duh:

Tonight I am making a casoulet with heirloom beans, free range chicken breast, chcken sausage, fresh rosemary, garlic, tomatoes, italian parsley, etc. Probably have broccoli rabe and/or salad on the side and some french bread, Will end up as leftovers enough for 2 or 3 meals for when I am working and DW is too busy chasing 2 kids to really cook dinner.

lotsa broccoli and chicken!
Us: leftover roast chicken and .. broccoli! Pretty boring.
Lunch was the red-sauce tuna pasta with olives and capers that I think I lent to the ER cookbook or posted in some form. We can't get enough of that!

It's not called that here .. it's just "linguine (or whatever) w/tuna sauce".. It's just a homely dish that I have never seen on any restaurant menu either in the Center or the South (forget the North).

Good on 'ya, Puzzley, if you can make it at home and save yourself 20 bucks a plate:
La Botte
(#29)

;)

I'm NOT a huge tuna fan.. I'd hate a tunafish sandwich.. but I could eat this pasta dish practically every day and still be happy. The key is making it with the tastier olive-oil-packed Italian/Portuguese/Spanish tuna instead of the conventional water-packed metallic kind. Trust me. Also avoid the canonical supermarket bland canned black olives in favor of something like Trader Joe's (the ones in jars) or Kalamata olives (not meaty enough for me but ok as a last resort); they have a more concentrated flavor.

I'm NOT a huge tuna fan.. I'd hate a tunafish sandwich..

I love a tuna club sammich with tuna salad, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, & cheese on either rye or wheat bread (toasted). Usually a triple-decker! I don't make 'em at home, but at least once a week on my lunch break I go to the bowling alley on base where I work & get the sammich, fries & iced tea for $5.50. Good stuff!;)

Tonight we are having boneless chicken breasts baked with italian dressing ,italian breadcrumbs and sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan cheese and a salad .

Marinated top round on the grill, Grilled Radicchio with a splash of balsamic vinegar and steamed green beans .

Where in the world were all of these guys that cook such great meals 30 years ago?!
Oh wait, I guess they were in diapers. :duh:

we are having pizza tonight. lol not such a great meal maybe wings to top it off? haha

Where in the world were all of these guys that cook such great meals 30 years ago?!
Oh wait, I guess they were in diapers. :duh:

My wife and I split the housework on everything but kitchen duty. She's not allowed in there. :bat:

I tried out a new recipe for risotto with short grain brown rice, carrots, more garlic than you can swing a vampire at and green beans. Had garlic bread on the side.

This recipe will not go in the 'make again' pile. I'll stick with arborio rice from now on.

Tonight I made stuffed calamari in a light tomato sauce, this time with some homemade chardonnay.

Homemade mac-n-cheese with corn bread, tossed salad, German beer, and Portuguese "porto" for dessert.

Hmmm - boiled potato's w butter/salt, bacon wrapped filet mignon - medium rare, can of Pepsi and a spumoni ice cream cone - two scoops.

I'll do diet and exercise come spring - maybe toss in a day of fasting as atonement - or not.

heh heh heh - kinda made me think of pizza as a possible late night snack. :D.

Back
Top Bottom