Songs in the key of Wah-Wah

Telly

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I found a music category that Purron hasn't hit yet :D

The Wah-Wah pedal. It could be put in series with any musical device if an acoustic pickup was attached, although it was most known for guitar applications.

Here is a shameless example of Wah-Wah, and also has Phase-Shifting effects in the song.

Dig out those Wah-Wah songs, any amount of Wah will do!

Status Quo: Pictures Of Matchstick Men ( 1968 ) - YouTube

I'm presently at w*rk but I remember Peter Frampton using a bit of W-W and what about George Harrison's song "Wah-Wah" on The Concert for Bangladesh album.

T-bird

SIRE coming in March of 2013 :clap:

How did I miss Jimi :banghead:

I guess my mind isn't functioning properly because I am at w*rk.

T-bird

I just spent the whole evening searching for a wah-wah song that might approach the opening riff on Voodoo Child. No luck at all.

Here's a classic... with DOUBLE wah-wah!

First is the fast overriding wacka-whacka wah-wah (uh, wacka-whacka wah-wah? sounds like I'm one year old, doesn't it?).

Second is a more restrained slower wah-wah that slips between other notes.

Isaac Hayes: Shaft (High Quality) - YouTube

Telly said:
Here's a classic... with DOUBLE wah-wah!

First is the fast overriding wacka-whacka wah-wah (uh, wacka-whacka wah-wah? sounds like I'm one year old, doesn't it?).

Second is a more restrained slower wah-wah that slips between other notes.

Isaac Hayes: Shaft (High Quality) - YouTube

A wah pedal is basically a sweepable band pass filter, and with some experimenting and experience, can be much more versatile than the ubiquitous "wah" sound...

Okay, kiddies, not technically wah, wah, but, IIRC, this was the first commercial release of a "record" (you all remember those, don't you) with the phase shifting phenomenon. Yes, I know I'm dating myself. Also, IIRC, the phenomenon was discovered accidentally, but I can't confirm that. So, from 1959, here is Toni Fisher with "The Big Hurt".

The Big Hurt - Toni Fisher - YouTube

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom