Songs we'd never guess you love

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just so we can have a trifecta of song threads today. An example might be one of our Texas boys professing a love for Lady Gaga or 73ss454 loving anything but a 60s girl group;)

Dolly Parton -- Jolene - YouTube

Rednecks, White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer.

heh heh heh - :D

Rednecks, White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer.

I would have figured you as a secret fan of Britney Spears

I first heard this song when I was in high school in the 1970s, when the feminism movement was roaring. The guys played it on the jukebox on purpose to see if they could "get a rise" out of us girls. No such luck. :LOL:
I memorized the words back then and sang along without missing a beat, just to watch the guys cringe. :cool:

Tompall Glaser ~ Put Another Log On the Fire - YouTube

Old Mama didn't miss any meals.

Official Challenge: A song you love that's not part of or inspired by 60s style music. Jazz? Classical? Country? Guessing not Lady Gaga, but I could be wrong.;)

The ever popular Ken Lee:

[youtube]DPkYCYgHjMU[/youtube]

Don't listen to the words:
watch

I literally like all types of music except most country, gospel or hip-hop/rap.

The Beatles are the greatest band of all time IMO (no surprise).

Radiohead is the most innovative band IMO (I suspect there is no one else here who would even listen to them). Some of their music is just awful (electronica phase), but much of it is incredible.

Well, you asked for '...you'd never guess.'

OK. We're including songs we loved when we were crazy tweens;) I liked Peter the best:blush:
Hey...I love that song now. :LOL: I don't often hear it on the radio however.

I do have a Monkees album...maybe I should get it out and blow the dust off it...

Cher. And her performance in Mask. Who could forget that? She's fascinating.
Agreed. And she really surprised me with her performance in Moonstruck too. :)

That sensitive ballad by those touchy-feely guys who were expressing their most heartfelt loving emotions, as well as wearing stage makeup that helped them stay close to their feminine sides:

"Beth" by KISS.

Back
Top Bottom