Sous Vide Anybody?

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My sous vide cooker bit the dust and I ended up buying a new one.

But the mounting is different. The previous had a spring clamp mount that mounted well to one of those plastic bins for sous vide cooking.

My new cooker has a screw type clamp mount that does better with a firmer surface than plastic.

So, I went ahead and bought some accessories. Got a kettle from Goodwill for about $5, a sous vide kettle cover and silicone magnets to hold bags in place.

I'm still keeping the plastic bin for larger items like steak. But in the meantime, it's a pork chop tonight :).

Attachments

• magnets.JPG
    magnets.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 32
  • macine and kettle.JPG.jpg
    macine and kettle.JPG.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 35
With our Anova, I use one of our Instant Pots as the bath container. The 6 qt. works the best and the Anova clamps easily.

FWIW for long sous vides I cut a sheet of bubble-wrap to cover the water surface. Evaporation is nil.

A few years ago, I turned my crock pot into a DIY sous vide using a $10 temperature control gadget.

No need to use it now, as the Instant Pot now has a sous-vide mode.

I am going to repurpose this temperature controller into a solar-power digital water heater thermostat.

For my 36 hour beef ribs, I used a $10 igloo and DH used a circle saw to cut a round hole just large enough to fit the Anova sous vide. The igloo insulated and minimized evaporation. Worked great.

Attachments

• 39862E88-DB38-4DB8-8257-9D1C7CFC237C.jpg
    39862E88-DB38-4DB8-8257-9D1C7CFC237C.jpg
    635.7 KB · Views: 19
Bought an Anova 2.5 years ago and use it most days. We use the instant pot container for most things.

Back
Top Bottom