Join Early Retirement Today

Spam for Fun and Profit
Old 04-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Spam for Fun and Profit

Spammers keep getting more clever and sometimes cutesy.

I periodically check my web server logs to see what sites are linking to me. I've had two or three links from places that aren't really linking to my site but trying (successfully) to get my attention and get me to their site which sells things of potential interest to website owners.

The names of email spam have become more humorous lately. Some Example sender names:

Reproduce U. Unsightliest
Exemption O. Shutters
Pegs O. Enduing
Terrorist Q. Queerly
Springiness T. Really
Intuits C. Allots
Awaken D. Zola
Vegemite F. Undershooting
Votive V. Stormier
Sphinx H. Sudetenland
Sweat I. Stormier
Coverall H. Squidding
Indent M. Aeration
Mestizos E. Vignette

Actually I think these are all the same spammer. I presume he/she's randomly generating names from a dictionary.
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Spam for Fun and Profit
Old 04-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

I'm getting the same stuff!

Just think of the collective time we all spend deleting this crap!

Has anyone here ever opened one?

Just curious.
Zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:56 PM   #3

Every now and then I'll look inside one, but I have images and javascript turned off, and I only read the message source, anyway. The most persistent ones at home at work are all for the hot selling drugs or substitutes.

They are persistently managing to get past the corporate email spam scanners at work. Somebody's spending a lot of time and money on getting this stuff through. Whoever's buying this stuff through email links please STOP! If nobody bought through unsolicited email then it would be a waste of time.

I have multiple email accounts from multiple domains coming into one folder, so I can easily identify them when 3 or more of the same title with goofy sender names show up at the same time.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:34 PM   #4

Some more funny spam senders and subject:

Fruitiest T. Venial
Multifaceted L. Wigging
olivie cotton who sent me mail about "Re: Your life, tire retreader"

Why can't paper junk mail be this entertaining? Occasionally I get the suntan babe pics advertising...I forget...but those pics are usually too small.