Spiritual Science, Sacred Geometry, Anthroposophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, although your statement sounds like it might have been taken from the pages of "How to Troll the Internet for Fun and Profit".

I believe Spiritual Science, Sacred Geometry, and Anthroposophy is total hogwash.

Please note I'm only expressing my belief as is your stated intent.

I can't completely agree. From the dictionary:

hogwashX

1. Worthless, false, or ridiculous speech or writing; nonsense.
2. Garbage fed to hogs; swill.

Hog feed can lead to bacon. And bacon is a thing of great value. And bacon may be where this thread is headed.

But a bit more seriously, yes, I do find it interesting that these ideas can be proposed and any critical comment is met with subtle (or not so subtle) accusations of closed-mindedness, ego, and so forth. Where's the two-way street? Our views are only reasonable if they are in agreement?

-ERD50

Personally, instead of asking if anyone is interested, I'd be more curious to hear about your views of the subject. I can understand if you didn't want to, though. This forum seems to be composed mostly traditional, pragmatically minded people with engineering, finance, administrative, or similar backgrounds. Esoteric spiritual subjects aren't likely to get a warm reception.

+1

IMHO, science and religion both suffer from a lot of gooey nonsense that is layered on top of them for various reasons that have nothing to do with actually helping others or getting to the truth (money, prestige, control of others, etc.).

Last edited:
+1

IMHO, science and religion both suffer from a lot of gooey nonsense that is layered on top of them for various reasons that have nothing to do with actually helping others (money, prestige, control of others, etc.).

human nature does get in the way , indeed
but i have seen a person embrace Christianity and follow through with excellent motives and deeds

so i have seen the selfless good example and can compare with the poorer examples ( who were the reasons i took my belief system elsewhere )

and of course science can suffer badly from peer pressure

however whether faith or science based have they got stuff i can use to achieve the desired outcome :confused:

My intent with the post is to allow all who disagree or agree to express their beliefs. It's not about being right or wrong. It's about different world view points on the same topic.

These statements speak to a confusion about what is actually real in the world and what is an unjustified belief. This is rampant in our society today. Science seeks to discover what is actually real, how the world actually works, and it does so in a testable, reliable fashion that is as objective as possible. Sometimes it IS about being right or wrong, because there are actual truths about the world that aren't open to opinion. Take gravity, for example. It is objectively true that gravity will pull two massive bodies together, and that this attractive force is proportional to the objects' masses and distance from each other. No matter what your opinion of this is, it is still true and can be empirically shown to be so in every situation. To structure your life around any belief contrary to this truth about gravity would be quite dangerous and very possibly fatal.

Being able to view a single point from different perspectives is the key to gaining wisdom. Conversing only with those who agree all with us all the time simply limits one and shackles them from gaining an expanded perspective.

I agree with this when it comes to things like philosophy, ethics, politics, religion, and other areas where objective truths are very difficult (or impossible) to discover. But when we talk about things like "spiritual science" or "sacred geometry", this implies that actual geometry—which is a precise mathematical science—is somehow open to interpretation and opinion. And that is demonstrably false.

One is entitled to have their ultra conservative world view as one is able to have their ultra liberal perspective. It's when we try to convince or coerce another into our world view, who we feel it the only right answer, do we become as weak as those who we are trying to convince. Or in a more simple explanation, our Ego gets in the way.

Again, this is true when it comes to things like politics, morality, art, etc. But not scientifically established facts about the reality of the world. Sure, we can debate whether string theory or quantum gravity is more likely to be an accurate theory of the nature of reality at a deep level, but this is because neither theory has been fully developed and tested and shown to be accurate in countless experiments. That's a far cry from embracing pseudoscience that promulgates ideas such as chakras, i.e., "how the human body picks up energy on a vibratory level", and astral projection, i.e. "the process of using your mental and emotional awareness to go outside of your body and explore other dimensions of thought and feeling". These things are based solely on cryptic, mystical, imprecise ideas that have zero evidence and rely on confusion about the nature of the scientific method and the importance of objective testing that supports or falsifies theories about the actual reality of the world.

on the contrary Placebos can often be very expensive when sold buy disingenuous people , i believe the older US citizens called then snake-oil salesmen .

Oh.. I only buy the 'Government Approved' ones. :LOL:

Fair enough, although your statement sounds like it might have been taken from the pages of "How to Troll the Internet for Fun and Profit".

I believe Spiritual Science, Sacred Geometry, and Anthroposophy is total hogwash.

Please note I'm only expressing my belief as is your stated intent.
Hogwash is strong so obviously you have a strong belief, or non belief in something. What might that be?

I can't completely agree. From the dictionary:

hogwashX

1. Worthless, false, or ridiculous speech or writing; nonsense.
2. Garbage fed to hogs; swill.

Hog feed can lead to bacon. And bacon is a thing of great value. And bacon may be where this thread is headed.

But a bit more seriously, yes, I do find it interesting that these ideas can be proposed and any critical comment is met with subtle (or not so subtle) accusations of closed-mindedness, ego, and so forth. Where's the two-way street? Our views are only reasonable if they are in agreement?

-ERD50

confirmation bias is very common ,

can we overcome that and create progress ??

negative views are not always destruction and positive views are not always productive

the original topic poster has confronted us with a topic we aren't used to, the majority will be uneasy about being taken into uncomfortable territory and are liable to resist

after all many here are wise in their own way , and willing to break the stereotypical worker ( work until 65 and retire )

Oh.. I only buy the 'Government Approved' ones. :LOL:

my stent is US government approved

and produced by Abbott Laboratories but it could be worse
it could have been an electronic device sold by the same company and that might have brought out my paranoiac tendencies about the fear of being hacked ...

Hogwash is strong so obviously you have a strong belief, or non belief in something. What might that be?
I believe strongly that discussions of spiritual matters are best left to boards created for that purpose, not E-R.org.

Found any good CD's lately?

IMO, Religion (not the cult kind, sometimes a fine line between what is cult or not) and science are ways to describe the same thing. The Big Bang vs creation (from darkness came light). Um...notice the similarity :).

Well, that's interesting, if a bit vague. I agree with the first sentence. There certainly is an objective, comprehensible spiritual world, accessible internally (and externally). I don't know what to make of the second sentence. I would need to see examples of how the practice developed internal faculties and then (especially) what sort of results came from that.

On the face of it, I would have doubts about the objectivity of the data it derives. If all you're looking at is internal, subjective experience, it is very hard to demonstrate that has objectivity.

Personally, instead of asking if anyone is interested, I'd be more curious to hear about your views of the subject. I can understand if you didn't want to, though. This forum seems to be composed mostly traditional, pragmatically minded people with engineering, finance, administrative, or similar backgrounds. Esoteric spiritual subjects aren't likely to get a warm reception.
ER, well said. I dipped my toe into the ocean with the post. One who is on a true spiritual path, and not a religious or dogma path, realizes it is a solo journey, and at times, a lonely endeavor. From the responses so far, it seems best that PMs would allow for dialogue and discussion. My guess is that an elaboration would cause lots of time defending the views which is ok, but not my choice.

If the majority folks here are content with traditional religion, get fulfilled from attending their local place of worship, and find that inner development and resonance, then so be it. I never did it for me. I always questioned the system and actions of the system and individuals in leadership.

I'll share enough to likely stimulate conversation, so here goes.

Myself, I am a reformed Southern Baptist who at 12, got zinged in church with what I realize now was an impulse. As a 12 year old, I did not know what happened only that it was real. Science could not explain it, and science which is the greater judgment barometer of today, is the catch all, be all for most all to explain reality.

When one blends in their sensory experiences (what we see, hear, feel with the logistics of science) with the undefined, nonscientific, but personal experience we can have and develop, one has a balance. I did not sit in an ashram for years contemplating my navel. My wife and I ran a small real estate business, sold it in 2017 and retired in March 2017. We live in a guard gated golf course community, not in a commune. None of my neighbors know my beliefs as the are personal to me. The advantage this forum provides is for me to post the topic and then read the responses, and remain in anonymity.

Regarding Sacred Geometry which no one has commented on, it's all science and unites the spiritual aspect. Ever wondered why bee hives always are pentagonal? Why sea shells and leaves growing on trees have the same design as the Fibonacci relationship? Just a few things to ponder.

i am a fan of A = 432Hz in music , which is interrelated is this path

and aware of Fibonacci theory in relation to stock charting and computer security applications

I wonder if the folks at Leonardo da Vinci Sacred Geometry Forum would think it odd or inappropriate if I posted under ‘other topics’ a question about the best time to take Social Security?

It seems some need the attention garnered by inappropriate behavior to help them strenghthen their lack of conviction about their own beliefs.

I'm wondering if there are any folks within this group on a spiritual path that are akin to these three phrases, "Spiritual Science", "Sacred Geometry" or "Anthroposophy". If you have a resonance, knowledge of, or an interest please respond. There is a vast amount of sacred, ancient wisdom that's time has come of age for modern day expression.

This question made me think of the divine proportion. Humans can observe and study but have no input or manipulation to its existence. Such as nature, we've manipulated and frankly screwed up so much of it "scientifically" that every inch of our earth has been affected by humans. We're beginning to put a major footprint into space, at least around the earth.

As to spirituality, I have lost my man made religion. It's a bunch of stupid rules that apply to whatever we feel in the moment. True spirituality IMHO is accomplished when natural phenomena occurs and we as humans observe and respect rather than try to change or manipulate to a selfish benefit with no regard to other living things.

I bought a jar of homeopathic "leg cramp" pills and they seem to help.

Thanks for an interesting discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom