Join Early Retirement Today

Spotbot
Old 08-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Spotbot

I just ordered a Spotbot from Amazon.

Amazon.com: Bissell Spotbot Pet Handsfree Spot and Stain Cleaner with Deep Reach Technology, 33N8A: Home & Garden

Should arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday. Look forward to trying it out.

Reviewer's from Amazon give it a good rating. Anyone own one? If so, how do you rate it.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
Gone but not forgotten

I have the regular Bissell spot remover and I like it a lot . I use it when I go on a cleaning binge and scrub everything in sight .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

I thought it was some kind of gee whiz super duper software, maybe for booking show tickets or similar.

I was a trifle let down to see that it was what it was.....
Coolius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

I use my toes the same way, so I guess I have a cheaper hands-free cleaning method.

I cannot tell if this thing vacuums or sucks up the liquid that it deposits. If it pissed cleaner on the spot, brushed it, then sucked up the liquid for multiple cycles, then it might be worth $50.
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL! View Post
I use my toes the same way, so I guess I have a cheaper hands-free cleaning method.

I cannot tell if this thing vacuums or sucks up the liquid that it deposits. If it pissed cleaner on the spot, brushed it, then sucked up the liquid for multiple cycles, then it might be worth $50.
That is exactly what it does .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL! View Post
That's exactly what it does. We've had one for a couple of years, and have been well pleased with it. For sure, it'll work on a stain longer than I'd have the patience to (~5 minutes). I think the attachment hose is less useful/effective than the primary circular brush, but that hasn't been much of an issue. I'd buy another one if this one died.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectiveBum
For sure, it'll work on a stain longer than I'd have the patience to (~5 minutes).
It's recommended for customers with ADD.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectiveBum View Post
That's exactly what it does. We've had one for a couple of years, and have been well pleased with it. For sure, it'll work on a stain longer than I'd have the patience to (~5 minutes). I think the attachment hose is less useful/effective than the primary circular brush, but that hasn't been much of an issue. I'd buy another one if this one died.

Thanks. Glad to see that that one you got lasted for a couple of years and it's still going. This will be great when I've found out Fido just had to go. Plus there are some existing stains (wine? blood?) which haven't been sucessfully removed with a regular steam cleaner..so that'll be a great test.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
It's recommended for customers with ADD.
Tough to know where extreme laziness stops, and ADD starts. For sure, the Ritalin doesn't seem to be helping.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Just a follow up. Had a chance to use the Spotbot today.

My verdict.. I say the good, bad and the ugly

The Good
----------
It did a fine job on removing some spots which would not come off with a regular steam cleaner.

Also, used the hose attachment to remove stains on a mattress. Worked great, mattress looks like new now.

Unit seems very well built. Hose, and brush fit snugly on the unit.

The Bad
---------
If following the suggested solutions to add, the machine uses a lot of solution.

Some stubborn spots didn't come out. I thought it'll work better on some of them.

The Ugly
--------
Using the machine on a high traffice area of carpet leaves "crop circles." That is, a clean circle surrounded by area that isn't as clean.

Conclusion
-----------
Haven't used it on pet stains yet. I think overall, it is handy to have around, but isn't perfect.