Steven Seagal Lawman............

Dawg52

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Last night I was channel cruising and found this new show. I assume it's new. Basically 'Cops' only with Steven Seagal riding in a cop car in the lead role. The show claims he has been moonlighting as a deputy sheriff in New Orleans for the last 20 years. I wonder what some of the N.O. thugs think we they see this movie bad a$$ character coming at them? Of course some of the bad boys might drop their gun and ask for his autograph.

W2R, ever heard about him moonlighting as as Barney Fife? Seems pretty bizarre to me.:blink:

Steven Seagal Lawman - A&E TV

i watched the show and was amused by the reaction from one particular criminal. others didnt seem phased, saying 'yeah, i know who u ware...im not surprised'. word is surely on the street there that if youre gonna get arrested, you might get lucky and get steven segal

he claims to be one of the top 3 students in the world of his type of martial arts....akido i think. as out of shape as he looks, he sure is quick

i watched the show and was amused by the reaction from one particular criminal. others didnt seem phased, saying 'yeah, i know who u ware...im not surprised'. word is surely on the street there that if youre gonna get arrested, you might get lucky and get steven segal

he claims to be one of the top 3 students in the world of his type of martial arts....akido i think. as out of shape as he looks, he sure is quick

Movie fight scenes are choreographed, real life is not. I wonder if he got to use some aikido on some criminals in real life, probably was a highlight for him..........:D

I watched it for a few minutes. Several cops on top of the suspect and he was yelling Taze him, Taze him. Never get those few minutes of my life back.

Seagal is such a backseat driver--and he is just an unpaid Deputy--that I'm surprised the regular Deputies don't punch him in the mouth. He's constantly telling the driver to go right or left, slow down/go slow and so forth. WORSE than any woman I know...except for a Cousin I have, but her husband is luckily deaf.

As someone above mentioned, he "sure is quick." I dated a guy who was an instructor in karate for years but no longer practiced. Out of shape compared to before, nonpracticing...and still nobody could be so quick as he was. I think it's one of those things they practice and practice and just never lose after that. Even after 20 years of retirement in the industry, he could stick kick in the side of a car at the top if he wanted to.

A TV show with Hollywood actors with real guns. What could go wrong there?

Many years ago saw him in a TV movie. He is impressive in a choreographed setup throwing people half his size or smaller. It is easy to do fancy defensive moves when you know what the attack is. And rehearsed it. But movies can make even Macchio (karate kid) look like he knows stuff.

Never seen him take on or throw people his size or larger. On the other hand the Uke's (receivers of the technique) had to be pretty good and they were.

I'd not spend money on any of his movies.

I read he's supposed to run like a girl, so they never let him actually run in his movies.
And that voice--granted, it sounds sexy--HAS to be put-on. Who talks like that?
Maybe he goes to the Hollywood Hills like Demi Moore did when she started and yells for an hour to get a raspy voice? All I know is it ain't real.

He has a reputation for hurting his ukes / stunt partners. blech.

Then there is the very funny story where he claimed nobody could put a choke on him 'cuz he had superskilz ... :D

ta,
mew

That suck$ big time. It takes no talent or skill to hurt uke when they give you the move. That bit just put him in the doghouse for me, permanently.

Delete duplicate post.

I'll bet he's a big bully like Hulk Hogan is. But, Seagal got in trouble with Anthony Pellicano, P.I. to the stars now doing big time prison time, who's a tougher guy than Seagal even dreamed about being.
Seagal also got into a jam with some Mafia types over money (maybe they were backing one of his movies? Can't exactly remember the story now.). He seems to love to put himself in harm's way alot.
Dumb? Or just fancies himself as invincible?
I think he's a legend in his own mind...

I read he's supposed to run like a girl, so they never let him actually run in his movies.
And that voice--granted, it sounds sexy--HAS to be put-on. Who talks like that?
Maybe he goes to the Hollywood Hills like Demi Moore did when she started and yells for an hour to get a raspy voice? All I know is it ain't real.

Nasty, nasty. I was hoping to find the answer to the ultimate question:
Who would win in a street fight, Chuck Norris or Steven?

Inquiring minds want to know.

The Lone Ranger

There's no contest!

-Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked someone so hard that his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.

-What was going through the minds of Chuck Norris' victims before they died? His shoe.

-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

-Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

You think that's "nasty?" FreetoCanoe, you ain't seen nasty yet then.

I've met Chuck Norris. He lives in Houston. Nice guy. Short...yes, I said, short. But very friendly and seemed like a good hearted, kind guy as he spent some time talking to my kid about staying in Tae Kwon Do.
He was doing a free demonstration to help open an old friend's karate studio. The guy had Cancer, so Norris was helping him out. I'm guessing he's a good guy.
And a very intense guy. You can see it in his eyes.

Well, saw this when I got my new DVR up and running last night... so I recorded one show... now have to check it out to see if there is anything interesting.... probably not from the few seconds I actually saw...

Back
Top Bottom