Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
In general I'm bearish, but I think there are some stocks out there that I can feel comfortable putting money in..glad I got out of Intel 2 weeks ago

dont care. i have 25 years til it matters

Don't care. If it goes up I'll get warm fuzzies about my net worth. If it goes down I'll get warm fuzzies about DCA'ing into a downward market.

:smitten:

thefed said:
dont care. i have 25 years til it matters
Exactly!  I've been in it for 24 years, with an expectation for another 30-40 years  ::) ...

- Ron

I'm not drawing out yet nor will I be drawing out within a year, so 1 year don't matter much.

And the more I think about it, the less I care. It's like worrying about getting sick. After you do the best you can to stay healthy, there is no need to worry about not being healthy.

If it happens, it happens.

Sell in may and go away works because everyone thinks it does and acts accordingly.

If you want to see it stop working, pony up some cash and send it to me and i'll sell off my entire portfolio. We'll subsequently have a huge summer bull market and you'll all get rich. It'll be well worth the cash you send me.

Do note that I made this sort of offer once before...when I lived in MA, I finally got tired of driving in the snow and bought a 4wd truck. We then had three almost snowless winters. I then moved to CA and told all my friends that if they chipped in some money, I'd keep the 4wd truck in MA and keep it on active registration, as apparently my ownership of a 4wd truck kept the snow away.

They all laughed. I sold the truck and moved.

They then had something like 5 of the 6 worst winters in recorded history over the next 12 years.

A coincidence?

I dont think so...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Sell in may and go away works because everyone thinks it does and acts accordingly.

If you want to see it stop working, pony up some cash and send it to me and i'll sell off my entire portfolio. We'll subsequently have a huge summer bull market and you'll all get rich. It'll be well worth the cash you send me.

Do note that I made this sort of offer once before...when I lived in MA, I finally got tired of driving in the snow and bought a 4wd truck. We then had three almost snowless winters. I then moved to CA and told all my friends that if they chipped in some money, I'd keep the 4wd truck in MA and keep it on active registration, as apparently my ownership of a 4wd truck kept the snow away.

They all laughed. I sold the truck and moved.

They then had something like 5 of the 6 worst winters in recorded history over the next 12 years.

A coincidence?

I dont think so...
I want you to hold on to your portfolio for now....and then sell in Oct

After he pays me $110/share for TGT that he promised me. :)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
When will I be receiving your check?
Figure I don't have to send money - you'll sell in Oct anyway...

wab said:
After he pays me $110/share for TGT that he promised me. :)
Be patient wab! 12/2011 remember and that's $109! - I'm confident you'll be paying me every dollar above that...in the meantime I'm charging you 2% a year financial advisor fee on the value of the 5,000 shares that you didn't buy.

Back
Top Bottom