Stocking is the New Planking

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
43auH.jpg

Stocking.jpg

What's planking? Also, from the photos, I'm still not sure what "stocking" is.

Edit: Is stocking the same as mimicking?

Last edited:
Ever thought how silly some stock images look? Well, now you can be part of such silly representation of daily life activities and emotions. Join the “stocking is the new planking” project launched Projekt202. Choose your favorite stock image on either Corbis, Getty, iStockphoto etc… and take a picture of yourself in the same position, with the same camera angle, with the same facial expression.

The result is awesome and terribly funny. I can even imagine it becoming a game to do with friends. Kind of a new Pictionary.
Here's the website Stocking Is the New Planking

You can tell the professional photos from the stocking ones. The people in the professional photos are better looking, have better hair, and some makeup to correct for any blemishes. Also, the lighting is better.

Okay, I looked up planking.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I have to say, given a choice between planking and stocking, I'd rather waste time doing the latter.:blush:
I'd never heard of either. There must be a lot of bored people out there...

Wow, makes discussions on whether one should pay off the mortgage or fill a bucket sound exciting...

-ERD50

At least I can think of my own weird original photograph instead of copying someone else's:

Attachments

• OMG_08-03-11_3244.jpg
    OMG_08-03-11_3244.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 10
It gives me great pleasure to know about some new trend or fad before Jenny (23 year-old daughter). My greatest achievement was to send her a picture of me planking before she had heard of it.

It gives me great pleasure to know about some new trend or fad before Jenny (23 year-old daughter). My greatest achievement was to send her a picture of me planking before she had heard of it.
Here you go, Al, knock yourself out. One of these photos comes from the American Bar Association's continuing education site for lawyers.

Attachments

• Cranial-rectal inversion.JPG
    Cranial-rectal inversion.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Happy lawyer continuing his education.jpg
    Happy lawyer continuing his education.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 5
The picture on the left looks just like the last boss I had.

Thanks. :facepalm: I sure hope when I FIRE that I have much better things to do with my time than stocking.:D

DEAD PEOPLE have been Planking for years. It would be a real bummer to E-R, then discover Planking the next week...

Where's George this week?
Oh, didn't you hear? He early-retired last week.
Cool! How's he doin'?
Not too good, he got Planked on Monday... saw it on internet.
Well that's a bummer, fer sure... can I have his stapler to remember him by?

You can tell the professional photos from the stocking ones. The people in the professional photos are better looking, have better hair, and some makeup to correct for any blemishes. Also, the lighting is better.

Snicker.

Here you go, Al, knock yourself out. One of these photos comes from the American Bar Association's continuing education site for lawyers.

"I'm trying to see things from your point-of-view, but I can't get my head that far up my a$$..."

I love getting my information on hot trends from the[-] old folks[/-] early retirement forum. :D

of course, you may not want to try "stocking" any of these.
Warning, some are NSFW and some are just plain creepy.
Awkward Stock Photos

Back
Top Bottom