Stop Snowing already!!!!

I enjoy cooking but how about vacuuming the pool . I hate that job .
Yeah, vacuuming the pool is a pain. I actually have to put my drink down for up to 5 minutes when I do that. And when I'm done, I often have to take a quick dip just to cool off. As if that weren't bad enough, I have to do it like once every single week.

;)

P.S. Don't you have one of those creepy-crawlies? I haven't vacuumed my pool for years.

It its wet and heavy every 1-3" is recomended

If it is fluffy and ligbt, 3" or 36" is less of an issue.

If the fluffy stuff falls on the heavy stuff, get a plow (shovel might hurt your back)
If the heavy stuff falls on the fluffy stuff, it can melt the fluffy stuff

snows kills fewer people than tornados or hurricanes, I'll take my chances with the white stuff.

Which only proves ones should live on the WEST end of any Great Lake............;)

The people of wisconsin might beg to differ
and it could be worse in Michigan- they are east of one lake, south of another and west of another.

If on the UP they are even NORTH of another. Avg snowfall in UP I have heard approaches 120" per year.

;)

P.S. Don't you have one of those creepy-crawlies? I haven't vacuumed my pool for years.

I do have one but because my pool is not caged ( too close to the water ) I sometimes get odd things like the remnants of some birds lunch , duck feathers and once I found a large fish in my pool . So not only do I have to put my drink down but sometimes Happy Hour is delayed while I get SO to tend to the pool . It's a hard life but somebody has to do it !

It's a little early in the season for me to do a snow rant, but what the heck. >:D
I was going to go out this AM and take care of the 3" of sleet and freezing rain and snow we got yesterday. The plan was to get a little exercise, burn off some calories and build some muscle tone...looks good on paper, right?
Right now it is snowing to beat the band - getting lake effect snow from Lake Ontario. :rant:
Is this a snow job?
grin.gif
angel.gif

The snow & cold is getting easier to tolerate now......only 5 weeks until I leave for Florida!!! I'm counting the days, and getting prepared for the trip! One bag is about 1/2 packed.....in a pinch I could be all packed in about an hour, and that's counting washing some clothes that I'm taking! :cool:

Go to the nearest airport and board a plane for Sarasota . Flights are cheap now and I still have Margarita mix from the holidays . We can sit on my deck until the snow melts .To further entice you this is the view from my deck .

That looks so lovely! The view of my deck:

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    902.5 KB · Views: 0
The snow & cold is getting easier to tolerate now......only 5 weeks until I leave for Florida!!! I'm counting the days, and getting prepared for the trip! One bag is about 1/2 packed.....in a pinch I could be all packed in about an hour, and that's counting washing some clothes that I'm taking! :cool:

Maybe pack your igloo with some of that snow. So to remind you of the good things while in FL! :)

If on the UP they are even NORTH of another. Avg snowfall in UP I have heard approaches 120" per year.

A buddy of me got a great job in Marquette Michigan. The average snowfall is 200 inches. The TWO years he was there, they got 300 inches of snow each winter. He now lives in Atlanta.........:D:D

snows kills fewer people than tornados or hurricanes, I'll take my chances with the white stuff.
You might want to pack your bags and head to the sunny South.
Snow kills hundreds of people in the United States each year. The primary snow-related deaths are from traffic accidents, overexertion, and exposure, but deaths from avalanches have been steadily increasing.
Source: National Snow & Ice Center Facts

While there have been some unusual years, like 2005 or 1900, the numbers of people killed by hurricanes in the US is much smaller. As low as zero in several years, and generally in the range of 20-40 in most years. III - Hurricanes

Tornadoes?
The victims are among at least 110 people killed in the United States by tornadoes this year, putting 2008 on track to be one of the deadliest years in recent history. The average for recent years is 62 tornado fatalities for an entire year.
I couldn't find an exact breakdown, but did find these statistics elsewhere. Hypothermia (700), improperly functioning heating systems (200), snow blower related injuries (1,000 amputations each year), auto accidents that occur in snow or ice conditions:
In 1998, 131,000 motor vehicle crashes occurred during sleet and snowy conditions. Of these crashes, 30,000 resulted in injuries; more than 600 resulted in deaths
. Plus all the folks who keel over with heart attacks shoveling snow.

I'm taking my chances with the hurricanes - if God had meant for Texans to enjoy snow he would have made Bullsh*t white!

It snows in Texas. I mean come on the state has every other kind of hell..you think it would not have snow! HA

I enjoy cooking but how about vacuuming the pool . I hate that job .
I am there! wooohoooooooooooo :D
No training required - I used to do pool vacuuming for my 1st set of next door neighbor in their very luxurious built-in pool. The wife had 2 very active twins to herd and I was happy to do that in exchange for swimming to my heart's content.
But, alas, they moved with a j*b transfer and both the out-of-town 2nd set of owners and the dead-beat renters did not maintain the pool. It was recently dug out by the 3rd set of owners and the hole was backfilled with dirt. :'(

Maybe pack your igloo with some of that snow. So to remind you of the good things while in FL! :)

To be reminded of the snow and cold while in FL, I watch the Weather channel and/or WGN-TV to catch the weather up here in the great north....Then I call friends and ask how they are and how the weather is, then inform them that I'm sitting on the beach, watching the ocean, and thinking about going back to my room to sit in the A/C for a little while to cool down. >:D

A few years ago while I was still working, I was on a trip to Key West, and called my (now former) boss to ask what the weather was like back home (even though I already knew). He said it was about 15°-20° and snowing furiously! I told him I was sipping on a lemon shake-up, while sitting in Mallory Square in Key West, and that it was sunny and 84°! He told me to go have sexual relations with myself, and then he hung up on me! :2funny:

Several years ago (22-23 Dec. '04) ) a big snow was predicted. I knew we were in for it when the Weather Channel sent a crew to a motel about 10 miles from my house (where I-75 crosses I-70).

The official snow over two days: 16.7"

I'm in northeast OH and its snowing; we're supposed to get 6-8 inches. I love it. Still love my four seasons; couldn't stand living somewhere without much rain. DH uses a snow blower to clean our 200-foot driveway; too much driveway but we love it!

The padre is a super sleuth! Nothing gets past the holy moderator.
2funny.gif

Back
Top Bottom