Strange question to ask........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I appear to be searching for something, but I don't know what. I have been luckily blessed with a tremendous long-term memory. If I see people I haven't seen in years, sometimes 20 years or more, I find I can remember many facts about them, events we were at together, etc.

Is there a use for this skill? My job sure doesn't require a memory like that.........:LOL: My dad always calls it "wasted space", but can anyone think of a hobby or whatever that requires memory?

Sounds silly, but I feel like not everyone has this gift and I have been wasting it...........:confused:

Well, besides counting cards at a blackjack table (requires short term memory tho) the only thing I can think of is writing a book.

Since you have long term memory, write the book, then show it to your friends that may be in it. Your memory of details may bring you more money from your friends not to publish it. :cool:.....:D

Handy for a politician when campaigning..........

If I see people I haven't seen in years, sometimes 20 years or more, I find I can remember many facts about them, events we were at together, etc.

Is there a use for this skill?
Whenever you meet one of these people, sell them an annuity?:D

Try to get on some game shows !:)

DW goes crazy......I can beat most folks on Jeopardy just yelling out answers when I'm doing something else, and Wheel of Fortune I can smoke anyone.

When my late sister was alive, we used to play Trivial Pursuit. She had a PHD in microbiology and food science, so she would take the science and related, and I would take the literature and sports and stuff, and we were unbeaten........:ROFLMAO:

I also have a great memory . The only problem is it slowed down so I would have to be on Senior Citizen jeopardy . Instead of a few minutes they would give the contestants an hour to come up with the answers and instead of phone a friend it would be call your kids .

DW goes crazy......I can beat most folks on Jeopardy just yelling out answers when I'm doing something else, and Wheel of Fortune I can smoke anyone.

When my late sister was alive, we used to play Trivial Pursuit. She had a PHD in microbiology and food science, so she would take the science and related, and I would take the literature and sports and stuff, and we were unbeaten........:ROFLMAO:

Go on "Are you smarter than a Fifth Grader", win a bunch of cash and ER...

Can you remember where I left my car keys?

I remember things like my grandparents' phone number from 40 years ago, and they have...talk about trivial, useless information wasting space in my brain. But at this point it seems to be hardwired.

Sorry, I can't think of anything for ya.

R

The mind is an amazing thing... I am able to remember a bunch of trivia... and things I have read even many years ago... at least the main point of it... but I can not remember names or phones numbers to save my life... I tell almost everyone I meet that it is a problem with me... so most people who I have not seen for awhile remind me of their name...

Now, I do remember them... what I have done with them etc. etc... but for some reason my mind will not recall the name when I need it... but once the name is mentioned, the locked drawer opens up and I remember all that stuff...

I did meet a lady at work who did remember everybody she had ever met... and also all the facts that you told her... like wife's name, kids names, phone number etc... and I am talking thousands of people.. very very strange...

I was driving through Dayton, Ohio a few weeks ago, and suddenly remembered my phone number- from when I lived there in 1962... when I was 4 years old. Something jogged my memory. :confused:

I was driving through Dayton, Ohio a few weeks ago, and suddenly remembered my phone number- from when I lived there in 1962... when I was 4 years old. Something jogged my memory. :confused:

My phone number when I was that age (in 1952) was Forest 1-5342. Didn't need to jog my memory, though - - that has always been right on top, probably because my mother wanted me to remember it at the time.

Now, my phone number in Baton Rouge in the late 1990's? I don't remember it though I recognized it a few weeks ago when I had to change it on a form.

I'm pretty sure ours was BR-549.

I should have spelled it with the first two letters capitalized, FOrest 1-5342, since only the FO part of forest was actually dialed in. We probably had more numbers since I was living in St. Louis at the time, a big city.

:D

Attachments

• BR-549.jpg
    BR-549.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom