Studio Movie funny accounting

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Two articles on funny accounting movie studios use to shift profits around and away from people who have contracts that give them a share.

How Hollywood Accounting Can Make a $450 Million Movie 'Unprofitable' - Derek Thompson - Business - The Atlantic

Insane Studio Accounting: Warner Bros Claims $167 Million Loss Over Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix | /Film

I guess this is one reason anyone there needs too have an agent, and also why some actors are so cynical about the movie business.

Wow, that Harry Potter franchise, such a loser.

The studios' accountants should be writing scripts, they are so good at fiction!

You wonder if the Hollywood accountants used to work for the government and then switched to Hollywood or vice versa. :)

Many years ago , James Garner had to sue the studio and producer of the long running series " The Rockford Files". His contract pay was baised on the " Net" profit , not gross. It seems every year the show lost money :LOL:. Funny how money losing enterprises go on for 8 years sometimes in Hollywood. Not sure if he won in court.

P.S. I worked with his brother about 30 years ago , they are both good ol boys from OK.

Back
Top Bottom