Summer Reading list

Jay_Gatsby

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have a relatively long commute to and from work, and am constantly searching the radio dial for something worthwhile. Even with satellite radio this can be a challenge. Accordingly, I've recently started to practice my French again (having been to France last fall, and stopping upon my return). Hopefully, I'll get reasonably proficient after a little while.

Sometimes I do get bored with the language lessons, so I did a little digging on the web searching for an "essential reading list" of books. Why you ask? Because like many people in America (and perhaps in other countries as well), I have gaps in my knowledge of the classics, as well as modern literature, that leave me at a loss sometimes. This is something I've wanted to remedy for many years. When my wife and I have kids, I'd like to be able to pass on my knowledge of fine literature. In my search, I came across websites like:

Listology: "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die"

Since I spend so much time in the car, I've reserved several of these books on CD at the library.

Anyone else do this? Do you "rip" the books from CD for your iPod?

That is a great idea. I perused the list noting there are some terrific books there; however, there is no freakin way I would ever get to all of them. I am going to do a search on 101 books to read before you die. I might be able to do that.

Back
Top Bottom