Summer's coming..

SoCal Desert is drying out, temperatures are heading up, we're getting ready to point our way back north to Oregon.
Here's a little background sound for those dry summer nights:
RainyMood.com: Rain makes everything better.
Summer has yet to arrive up here in Puget Sound. Spring is also delayed. You should be happy when you arrive.

I can remember "summers" when we would drive all the way down to Ashland /Medford to get out from under the clouds, then coming home get depressed somewhere around Eugene, maybe even Roseburg.

I like the rain website. A rainy night calls for a trenchcoat and umbrella, and a walk to visit a hospitable woman. Perhaps she will serve some cognac?

Ha

Yep. Today's low was 73. :p

and here I was cursing the sun for having to work in 80 degree heat yesterday. Fortunately it's back down in the low 70's where it belongs.

We've actually had a nice Spring, other than the tornado's. Nice cool breezes all last week. But, starting to warm a bit. Suppose to be around 90 today, but humidity still not bad. Yet.;)

Coming? This is Texas. It's been here already, and will remain here well into October.

Yeah, it seems like it's been here a loooong time already. Yesterday afternoon temp was 90, THI was 100. A 10 degree spread from actual temp to what it feels like. Dew point was 75, one of the highest I have seen (felt - ugh!) here. Had some light hail after dark. Thunderstorms, some possibly severe with giant hail are in the cards for the next few days.

I'm ready to skip ahead to July, when it is very hot, but at least the humidity will be down, and no storms... well, I really think I'm ready to skip ahead to late October :D

Summer is HERE. We have been having highs in the 90's, and last night at 2 AM it was still 77 here.

But this is how we know we live in New Orleans. :dance: This is why shorts and sandals and iced tea were invented.

Summer is HERE. We have been having highs in the 90's, and last night at 2 AM it was still 77 here.

But this is how we know we live in New Orleans. :dance: This is why shorts and sandals and iced tea were invented.

And also why very little clothing is exhibited on Bourbon Street, the weather and the LONG ISLAND iced teas...........:cool:;)

Ah yes, Long Island iced teas. I remember drinking them, well at least the first one or two. After that is was a blurrrr.

Ah yes, Long Island iced teas. I remember drinking them, well at least the first one of two. After that is was a blurrrr.

The first two are the hardest to finish........;)

You people sure have a distorted idea of what New Orleans is all about! But then, in a tourist town there is money to be gained by promoting an image. So come on down, get naked and drunk, spend your money, and go home.... :D

You people sure have a distorted idea of what New Orleans is all about! But then, in a tourist town there is money to be gained by promoting an image. So come on down, get naked and drunk, spend your money, and go home.... :D

Sounds like my spring break trip in 1985........:cool::cool::blush::LOL:

Yep. Today's low was 73. :p

Lows in the 40's the next several days. I may have to turn the heat back on. Summer is definitly not here yet in Wisconsin. We've only had 2 days that i'd consider warm and they both ended up with tornado sirens going off in the afternoon.

Here in paradise, folks have already put away their hoodies (and winter coats:facepalm:). I've still never adapted enough to wear more than a light jacket a few times in winter (if we go to the mountains - or occasionally at night).

Today, it should reach mid to upper 80's with good trade winds. Perfect - pretty much like winter - only 5 degrees warmer.

Full disclosure: We'll soon be heading for the prairies for REAL summer. So far, never actually spent a full summer in paradise.

Here in paradise, folks have already put away their hoodies

I have a hoodie with me every day of the year. Even if it's 90 and humid outside it could be chilly if you go to an air conditioned building so the hoodie is always by my side. Of course here in Wisconsin, i'm actually wearing the hoodie nearly 300 days/yr.

70 degrees today. I am wearing shorts, a camisole top, and slide-on sandals.
I even have a little bit of a tan started from w*rking out in the yard. :cool:
We've had a fair amount of afternoon thunderstorm activity over the past 4 days, but I am dodging the downpours as best as I can.

Summer is finally arriving in Wisconsin. Was a very cold spring but things are coming up fine now. I actually like hot humid nights now that I'm retired. Can sit on the porch for hours sipping on a good bourban and wondering what I'm going to do the next day. Unfortuneately, the DW (who alas still works) reminds me of all the honey do lists I have for the next day. . . . :(

Summer is here in Ill - tons of yard work to do. I noticed I had 2 pics taken from the same point - 1 in winter during the 2011 "blizzard" - and another taken today after hard day of yard work.

winter.jpg

summer.jpg

I managed to get the front and back lawn mowed again yesterday...in 86F sunny weather :D before it poured buckets again.
I got a very minor sunburn :mad: on my back and a nice tan on my arms and legs. Once I have tank top tan lines, it is officially summer. :dance:
Now I have to lose the tan lines. My back deck in my fully private backyard (tree and wooden fence bordered) awaits... ;)

FIRE is so wonderful. :D

Just checked our local weather channel and the current temperature is 79 in downtown Tampa at 10PM. Forecast is for 90 every day next week and a low of 71. That's closer to the water so the temps are lower. Inland you can add about 5 degrees. As they say, it's not the heat, it's the humidity. When the humidity is up, you can work up a sweat just getting the newspaper. One thing I like about this area is you very seldom see the temp above 94 or 95. That's about as hot as it gets. We golf early, tee off about 8AM and drinking a beer at noon with lunch. The high heat hits about 4PM. Y'all stay cool.

Back
Top Bottom