Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for?
Steelers 27 56.25%
Seahawks 21 43.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Re: Super Bowl
Old 01-27-2006, 01:26 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

As much as I Love You Man, the feeling is mutual.

I expect a few faux pas to occur until I get bored with this...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #22
Give me a forum ...

As opposed to faux ta-tas... :

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:44 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Well this should just about finish the seahawks off

http://www.thebatt.com/media/paper65...ww.thebatt.com

Texas A&M claims trademark ownership of the "12th man" thing Seattle has been using extensively and has issued cease and desist orders to the team against further use.

Maybe we should have a football team made up of lawyers...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Cute Fuzzy Bunny)
Texas A&M claims trademark ownership of the "12th man" thing Seattle has been using extensively and has issued cease and desist orders to the team against further use.
My HS trig. and slide rule teacher played in that famous 1922 "12th Man" A&M game.* I don't remember much trigonometry, but I sure remember the stories he told (and told, and re-told) about playing college football.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'm so sick of the BS legal battles.

The latest one that is making me puke is the people who bought the book about the recovering drug addict (A Thousand Little Pieces or something?) and are now suing to recover the time they wasted reading it - as they were led to believe it was true..... Where will it end?

I can now see a warning on every piece of non-fiction:

Warning, the events in this book are believed to be true to the best of our knowledge and belief but have not been officially verified and confirmed by the publisher, and therefore we make no express or implied warrantee to their correctness, blah blah blah blah...

{puke icon here}
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl

The latest one that is making me puke is the people who bought the book about the recovering drug addict (A Thousand Little Pieces or something?) and are now suing to recover the time they wasted reading it - as they were led to believe it was true..... * Where will it end?

I can now see a warning on every piece of non-fiction:

Warning, the events in this book are believed to be true to the best of our knowledge and belief but have not been officially verified and confirmed by the publisher, and therefore we make no express or implied warrantee to their correctness, blah blah blah blah...

{puke icon here}
I was reading that book at my local McDonalds.* When Oprah revealed the book was partial fiction I got so upset that I spilled that really hot coffee all over myself.
Soo, I'm mislead--fat---burned and soon to be rich
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #27
Give me a forum ...

LOL
Old 01-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #28
Give me a forum ...

My fav is the warning not to eat the packet of dessicant included with many products.

Damn, I was really hungry, too...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #29

Or the one on plastic bags saying do not place over your head.

I just wish I could make some bags that say "If you're dumb enough to put this over your head, please do."
Old 01-30-2006, 03:59 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

The latest one that is making me puke is the people who bought the book about the recovering drug addict (A Thousand Little Pieces or something?) and are now suing to recover the time they wasted reading it - as they were led to believe it was true..... * Where will it end?
Having watched the weasel-talking publisher draw a careful semantic line between "memoir" and "autobiography", as well as her acknowledgment that they swore to Oprah's staff last year that they'd fact-checked the book... I can understand why people would sue. Extracting money would be an unexpected bonus-- you're suing just to make them spend their days giving depositions to lawyers. Nothing cruel or unusual about that type of punishment.

Of course they might think they've already been punished enough for pissing off a billionaire. I'm sure Oprah will continue to attempt to punish them in ever-more-creative ways.

I guess it all depends on what the definition of "is" is. I wonder who published Clinton's memoirs and who fact-checked that manuscript?

I wonder if the publisher's reimbursement offer constitutes an admission of guilt!

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #31

In a school just outside of Pittsburgh, a first grade teacher explained to her class that she is a Steeler's fan. She asked her students to raise their hands if they were Steeler's fans too. Not really knowing what a Steeler's fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands all went up into the air. However, there was one exception. A little boy named Timmy had not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asked him why he had decided to be different... "Because I am not a Steeler's fan" says Timmy. The teacher then asked, "What are you?" Timmy said "I'm a Seahawk's fan." The teacher was a little perturbed now, her face slightly red, she asked Timmy why he was a Seahawk's fan. "Well, my mom and dad are Seahawk's fans so I'm a Seahawk's fan too." The teacher was now angry. "That's no reason" she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot?" Timmy smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Steeler's fan."
Old 02-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #32

Quote:
In a school just outside of Pittsburgh, a first grade teacher explained to her class that she is a Steeler's fan. She asked her students to raise their hands if they were Steeler's fans too. Not really knowing what a Steeler's fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands all went up into the air. However, there was one exception. A little boy named Timmy had not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asked him why he had decided to be different... "Because I am not a Steeler's fan" says Timmy. The teacher then asked, "What are you?" Timmy said "I'm a Seahawk's fan." The teacher was a little perturbed now, her face slightly red, she asked Timmy why he was a Seahawk's fan. "Well, my mom and dad are Seahawk's fans so I'm a Seahawk's fan too." The teacher was now angry. "That's no reason" she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot?" Timmy smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Steeler's fan."
Wow Sheryl, that's pretty harsh stuff
Tell you what I'll do.* If you'll send me a fresh C-note, I won't send your post to the Steelers for their bulletin board.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #33

Ooooohhhh,* I'm sooooo skeeerd!!!!

Maybe you should post this site on their board instead.*
Old 02-01-2006, 06:25 PM   #34

Quote:
Ooooohhhh,* I'm sooooo skeeerd!!!!

Maybe you should post this site on their board instead.*
Now you've really gone and done it

Actually that's fairly priceless
Old 02-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #35

I liked the note at the end best, but I'm not tasteless enough to post that on the board.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #36

Quote:
I liked the note at the end best, but I'm not tasteless enough to post that on the board.* *
Old 02-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #37
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I liked the note at the end best, but I'm not tasteless enough to post that on the board.
No, but *I* am!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Cute Fuzzy Bunny)
No, but *I* am!
Welll, boob girl proves that.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #39
Give me a forum ...

I think boob girl is very tasty...err...tasteful.

Cute fuzzy bunny would employ many kitchen utensils for spanking purposes on boob girl. In fact, this nice silicone spatula would...oh hello and good morning Mrs CFB...yes, I was thinking of making pancakes this morning...