Super Bowl Bound - Predictions

I've been a Pats fan since for 40 years ... I see them winning but I don't see them covering the spread (13 pts).

Last game of the season was a 3 point nail bitter ... and now Brady's in a soft cast (yikes!)

This Cowboy fan says, GO GIANTS! GO NFC EAST!

The Giants are a great story with all the road wins. The Pats look unbeatable but I don't know about two touchdown spread. I quit betting on football several years ago so I don't have to worry about it.

No soft cast on Brady today. He was seen in plain old leather shoes tromping around town with Giselle today. Many doctors consulted on their opinion expressed that it cant be anything serious if he's able to walk without a limp wearing a regular shoe. Probably just a bruise or mild sprain.

Nothing two weeks and another superbowl trophy wont fix.

Like Tryan, I had to suffer through a lot of disappointment as a Boston area football fan, for a lot of years. Its real nice to have things looking good for a while.

Like Tryan, I had to suffer through a lot of disappointment as a Boston area football fan, for a lot of years. Its real nice to have things looking good for a while.

I am also a member of that club. I mean, who could forget that particularly proud and stellar 1990 season.....:rolleyes:

I am also a member of that club. I mean, who could forget that particularly proud and stellar 1990 season.....:rolleyes:

Yep, I remember that an a couple of other years where I was figuring we'd be the first to have a winless season and was thrilled if they kept a game close.

I mean, who wouldnt be proud of a washed up Steve Grogan sharing time with an equally washed up Wade Wilson, with Tommy Hodson ready to come off the bench at any moment... ::)

I guess its better than having a quarterback whose own offensive lineman once remarked "Tony Eason? He should wear a dress on the field..." :p

Go Pats.

History in the making!!!

It is Sunday morning the day of the GREAT GAME.

Has anybody had any last minute change of mind on which team will win?

I will not make a prediction because so far I am 0 and 4 (all wrong). But I will say that the N.E Patroits are a great team and the N.Y Giants are a big underdog. We all remember what happen way back when the Pats were a huge underdog to the then mighty Rams. We do also remember Joe Willy and the N.Y Jets way back in the Super Bowl against the Colts. Both underdogs pulled off upsets.

So yes, the football Giants, a very good team on a roll, do have a chance to win and pull off one of the biggest upsets ever.

Everybody have a safe Super Bowl Sunday.

GOD BLESS US ALL :angel:

Last edited:
The only way (Giants can win) and it's not very likely, is for the Giants to blitz every play and to hold/bump/knock down Moss every play. Make the refs call the holding. Hit Brady every play, no matter what and make the refs call that. On the offensive side, keep the ball. The Giants have a running back, Brandon Jacobs, who's 260 pounds or so. Use him 20 times or so. Go on 4th down if within 2 yards. Fake punts. In other words, take risks. Coach Coughlin does not do this; he's old school, a Bill Parcells type coach. Therefore, Tom Brady will calmly throw 3 or 4 TDs and the Pats will win going away.

McCain over Obama despite losing the popular vote - not finally decided until 3 weeks after election day. Oops wrong contest - So Sorry!

Still going with a Giants upset and expecting endless Manning commercials for months to come.

We had another power outage due to a storm yesterday, and it just came back a few minutes ago. Phew! Don't want to miss those commercials!

It's about 7 minutes before the game and I will make a prediction (did not want to make one)- the football New York Giants will win by a cat's whisk·er .:angel:

I hope that I did not jinx the Giants.

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

It's about 7 minutes before the game and I will make a prediction (did not want to make one)- the football New York Giants will win by a cat's whisk·er .:angel:

Halftime
Pats 7 Giants 3:D:angel:

Halftime
Pats 7 Giants 3

Yep, both defenses came to play. The second half adjustments should make it interesting...Petty is looking/sounding good, waiting for the obligatory wardrobe malfunction...:eek:

Oh my, another underdog win...who'd have thunk it? Those grumpy old '72 Dolphins are still perfect.

Happy NY Traders tomorrow, super bowl indicator says BUY BUY BUY.

Helluva of 4th quarter best super bowl finish in recent memory.

Ya other than my Steelers winning that was one of the best Super Bowls ever. Big upset.

It is Sunday morning the day of the GREAT GAME.

Has anybody had any last minute change of mind on which team will win?

I will not make a prediction because so far I am 0 and 4 (all wrong). But I will say that the N.E Patroits are a great team and the N.Y Giants are a big underdog. We all remember what happen way back when the Pats were a huge underdog to the then mighty Rams. We do also remember Joe Willy and the N.Y Jets way back in the Super Bowl against the Colts. Both underdogs pulled off upsets.

So yes, the football Giants, a very good team on a roll, do have a chance to win and pull off one of the biggest upsets ever.

Everybody have a safe Super Bowl Sunday.

GOD BLESS US ALL :angel:

Great call, Wags.:)

I went 1-4 in my post season predictions. The only one I got right was the Super Bowl. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

I was right the N.Y Giants by a cat's whisk-er.:cool::angel::cool::angel::cool:

GIANTS!:cool:

Well, that was an incredibly painful game to watch - but props to the NYG. They came to play and their defensive line completely manhandled our offensive line. No one can complain about poor officiating or whatever. It was a staight-up good game and the Pats had nothing left in the tank. But we have a great team coming back next year......

But I have to wonder what in blazes was Belichek thinking when he didn't kick that FG??!! You have more faith in coverting a 4th and 16 than you do in a 49 yard FG? I know Gostowski hasn't had one all year, but every time I looked Brady was on his back - so give the guy his shot. I told my son then that the way the game was going that decision was going to bite us in the you-know-where. You could feel the impending doom.

Back
Top Bottom