supreme court

what kind of (conservative) judge should be appointed to the supreme court

• Originalist: Like Scalia, interpreting the constitution as if it was the day it was written

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Libertarian: like Thomas, interpret with a view towards minimal government, feel free to overturn an

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Pragmatist: like O'Connor, who calls herself a cautious incrementalist, wanting to know the effects

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Primarily respects precedent: conservative in that would be slow to overrule any prior decision of

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Deference to legislative/executive: no current judges, basically defers to what the president or co

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
My first shot a a poll. We know we will have a conservative judge to replace O'Connor. What type of conservative would you pick? As a liberal, I might have missed a "type" so let me know. I did not pick "strict" constructionist--most all judges claim they strictly construe the constitution. Originalist or one who follows original intent is probably the closest.

I voted libertarian, as the least damaging of the above choices.  What I would really like to see is judges (and legislators) who fear the Lord, and make justice a high priority.  Too much silliness going on now.

Back
Top Bottom