Suspicious Account Activity after Joining ChatGPT

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've had to change the recently-updated, 14-random-character password on my MS Outlook account, due to a sudden influx of spam, plus a notification from MSFT that a user in Moscow accessed my account.

Breaking that strong of a password should be harder than that - or am I behind the times?

I created a ChatGPT account only 4 days ago. Connection?

I've had to change the recently-updated, 14-random-character password on my MS Outlook account, due to a sudden influx of spam, plus a notification from MSFT that a user in Moscow accessed my account.

Breaking that strong of a password should be harder than that - or am I behind the times?

I created a ChatGPT account only 4 days ago. Connection?
The notice from Microsoft is SPAM and should go to your SPAM folder. Your password hasn't been compromised, but your email address is out in the dark web due to a data breach/breaches. Try this link to see what is known about your phone or email on the dark web:
https://haveibeenpwned.com/

In any event don't click the link on the Moscow email.

- Rita

The Moscow email was a phishing attempt. Do not click on those. I get them from time to time.

Probably a coincidence. My email and phone have been on the dark web since at least 2010. Gmail spam detection, and AT&T do a pretty good job in boxing both into the junk files.

I got ChatGPT about a week ago and see no difference.

Now let's talk about Paypal, I'll find a different thread for that.

The Moscow email was a phishing attempt. Do not click on those. I get them from time to time.

Exactly - the "you've been compromised" types of warnings are not from your ISP, they are from the hacker. Delete away.

The other spam influx and this are not likely signing up for Chatgpt, at least, I did it and got nothing out of the ordinary.

Back
Top Bottom