Join Early Retirement Today

Texas Wife Indicted After Lover Killed
Old 03-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

This must be turned into a Law and Order show soon!
----------------------

Friday March 30, 2007 11:01 PM

By ANGELA K. BROWN

Associated Press Writer

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - Darrell Roberson came home from a card game late one night to find his wife rolling around with another man in a pickup truck in the driveway.

Caught in the act with her lover, Tracy Denise Roberson - thinking quickly, if not clearly - cried rape, authorities say. Her husband pulled a gun and killed the other man with a shot to the head.

On Thursday, a grand jury handed up a manslaughter indictment - against the wife, not the husband.

In a case likely to reinforce the state's reputation for don't-mess-with-Texas justice, the grand jury declined to charge the husband with murder, the charge on which he was arrested by police.

``If I found somebody with my wife or with my kids in my house, there's no telling what I might do,'' said Juan Muniz, 33, who was having lunch Friday with one of his two small children at a restaurant in the middle-class suburban Dallas neighborhood where the Robersons lived. ``I probably would have done the same thing.''

Tracy Roberson, 35, could get two to 20 years in prison in the slaying of Devin LaSalle, a 32-year-old UPS employee.

Assistant District Attorney Sean Colston declined to comment on specifics of the case or the grand jury proceedings but said Texas law allows a defendant to claim justification if he has ``a reasonable belief that his actions are necessary, even though what they believe at the time turns out not to be true.''

Mark Osler, a Baylor University law school professor and a former federal prosecutor, said the grand jurors evidently put themselves in the husband's place: ``I can see one of them saying, `I would have shot the guy, too. I was just protecting my wife.'''

The December night before the shooting, Tracy Roberson sent LaSalle a text message that read in part, ``Hi friend, come see me please! I need to feel your warm embrace!'' according to court papers. LaSalle apparently agreed.

Darrell Roberson, a 38-year-old employee of a real estate firm, discovered the two, his wife clad in a robe and underwear.

When Tracy Roberson cried that she was being raped, LaSalle tried to drive away and her husband drew the gun he happened to be carrying and fired several shots at the truck, authorities said.

Darrell Roberson's attorney did not immediately return a call for comment.

His wife also was charged with making a false report to a police officer - for allegedly saying she was raped - and could get up to six months behind bars on that offense. It was not immediately clear whether she had a lawyer.

She had not been arrested as of Friday afternoon.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Texas Wife Indicted After Lover Killed
Old 03-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

This is the sort of thing I always enjoy hearing about.

Still, the poor guy gave the ultimate price for a bite of the wrong biscuit. Also, how was the poor deceived husband protecting his wife? The dead guy ws driving away when he was shot. Husband pretty good shot too.

Ha
Old 03-30-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - Darrell Roberson came home from a card game late one night to find his wife rolling around with another man in a pickup truck in the driveway.
Gee, no problem if she stays on top, but if that pickup truck ends up on top it could get pretty painful!

Who writes these lead-ins?

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote