Thanks to ER.org

tps7742

Recycles dryer sheets
I just wanted to extend my thanks to the people that keep ER org up and running. Especially keeping it politics free in today's times. And to the members that keep the knowledge sharing with everyone.

I just wanted to extend my thanks to the people that keep ER org up and running. Especially keeping it politics free in today's times. And to the members that keep the knowledge sharing with everyone.

+1 :greetings10:

Yes, the moderators and all the participants deserve credit.
In terms of benefits, I have learned about Firecalc and other calculators.
I have gotten reinforcement for living below my means.
I have gained earworms just recently.
I have learned a phrase about Trombone Al that starts with "Whenever Al posts a joke I cringe in advance."
And I have learned some funny, albeit a bit naughty, jokes.
Among other benefits.
I assume all this means I'm better off than I was when I joined.

+1.

I swerved into this forum while researching retirement strategies. Have learned a great deal here, including the fact I was FI when many sites (FA types, etc), indicated otherwise.

So, yup. Thanks folks!:flowers:

I learned about people's socks.

Yes +++

Have learned a lot from this site both financial and other (travel, purchases, etc). Lots of great folks on here with a great deal of wisdom to share.

Fun site to visit and thanks to everyone, especially the moderators.

I've learned a lot about various topics and also about ... human nature on the web.

The site and people here are priceless! I visit everyday more then once if I'm not out enjoying retirement.

Outstanding people here.

Have the greatest respect for the moderators here. Such a classy and smart group.

Agreed. Moderation is excellent as well as the members and their input. As others have said, this site helped me considerably as I plodded my way into early retirement.

Agree and thanks to the mods!! Hard to keep things politics free these days but for me that is done VERY well here, and I am grateful! [emoji253]

My thanks too, to the moderators and many of the members.

Part of the draw of these forums is their spirit of civility, humor, kindness, even-keeled maturity. By contrast with a lot of other forums and online venues, it’s very striking. Many other online communication channels quickly take on a tinge of their least common denominator - snarky, self-righteous folks putting down others, without making any sincere effort at understanding and civil discourse. It doesn’t take much to ruin a forum. Even just one person, repeatedly posting that way unchecked, can make it a worthless venue.

But “freedom [from that kind of self-righteousness, hatred, unkindness, etc.] is not free.” Thanks to everyone for the ongoing daily effort to make this place a bit of a haven.

My thanks too, to the moderators and many of the members.

Part of the draw of these forums is their spirit of civility, humor, kindness, even-keeled maturity. By contrast with a lot of other forums and online venues, it’s very striking. Many other online communication channels quickly take on a tinge of their least common denominator - snarky, self-righteous folks putting down others, without making any sincere effort at understanding and civil discourse. It doesn’t take much to ruin a forum. Even just one person, repeatedly posting that way unchecked, can make it a worthless venue.

But “freedom [from that kind of self-righteousness, hatred, unkindness, etc.] is not free.” Thanks to everyone for the ongoing daily effort to make this place a bit of a haven.

+1:flowers:

Thanks to everyone for their feedback on Medicare, Medigap/Advantage options for my older relative, since I'm nearly 20 years away from worrying about the above.

My thanks too. I found this site when looking for others in our situation. Lots of smart people here and it sure keeps me on my toes.

Back
Top Bottom