Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBOT View Post
To the OP, two things:
1) I turned 60 yesterday. Wanna trade?
2)Not wanting to flame you, but what the hell are you doing spending your time with a bunch of geezers online? Get out & sow them oats, raise some hell while you can.

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBOT View Post
To the OP, two things:
1) I turned 60 yesterday. Wanna trade?
2)Not wanting to flame you, but what the hell are you doing spending your time with a bunch of geezers online? Get out & sow them oats, raise some hell while you can.

1) no

2) if you only about the oats i've sewn and the hell i've raised. i did enough by the time i was 21 to last us all a lifetime.
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #23
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
I'm in that other half.....I wouldn't want to be 25 again for all the beans in chili! Not that things were bad back then, or that there were/are any bad memories from that age, quite the contrary....life was absolutely GREAT for me at 25! It's just that, well, er, uhh......why the heck would I want to go back to being 25 years old.....and have 25 years to go until retirement again!!! YUCK!!! NO WAY!!! I'll gladly stick with being 51 and FIRE'd!!!

BTW, Happy Birthday! Relish it! And just think......you only have roughly that many more years to go before you can pull the plug! (That would make a nice Hallmark greeting card wouldn't it?!)
Agreed!

I'll turn 58 in a few weeks, and aside from a few more aches and pains and having to wear reading glasses, you couldn't pay me to be 25 again.

Stupid hormones and stress responses, worrying about reactions to everything I did or said...; good riddance.

I retired at 54 and some time before that I dragged my ego into the alley and stomped it flat.

The Fountain of Youth is dull as paint
Methuselah is my patron saint
I've never been so comfortable before
Oh I'm so glad that I'm not young anymore
Old 07-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.

All these geezers hate younguns like us thefed... 8)
CitricAcid is offline   Reply With Quote