Join Early Retirement Today

Re: The democratic candidate for president in 08, from the great state of new york
Old 02-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Re: The democratic candidate for president in 08, from the great state of new york

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwo
Democratic Ticket:

Hillary Clinton for Pres. Bill Richardson for VP.

Republican Ticket:

John McCain for Pres. Rudy Guiliani for VP
Sounds good to me Momtwo!!
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: The democratic candidate for president in 08, from the great state of new yo
Old 02-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #22

Re: The democratic candidate for president in 08, from the great state of new yo

Who is that young Democrat from the Mid West whose Father was from Africa and I believe his Mother was from England??
Old 02-01-2006, 05:33 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard
Who is that young Democrat from the Mid West whose Father was from Africa and I believe his Mother was from England??
Are you referring to Barack Obama, who also spent part of his youth in Hawaii?

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle43
It's gotta be the Kinkster.. Kinky Friedman.* He can run on either ticket.* Like his motto says:* "How hard can it be?"*

I'd vote for him regardless of what ticket he ran on.

The entertainment value: priceless.

Jarhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #25

Re Powell:*
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
I think you can safely count him out.* No way a black man (however much an Uncle Tom) will be on the Rep ticket and actually have any chance of winning, plus I suspect he is quite disgusted with what passes for the Rep party these days.*
Probably true. I HOPE he's disgusted. I expect this country will elect a black man before it elects a woman president.
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:58 AM   #26
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwo
Democratic Ticket:

Hillary Clinton for Pres. Bill Richardson for VP.

Republican Ticket:

John McCain for Pres. Rudy Guiliani for VP
I think that Clinton will not get the democratic party omination. The wiser heads in the party will not support her because she clearly cannot win, so the nomination will probably go to someone more centrist. I personally would vote against her, although I would have a tough (and nauseating) decision to make if it were her or Lieberman.

I'm also hoping for a Tom Delay & Pat Robertson republican ticket.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:01 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

I just want to vote For someone instead of Against another one. Choices in Pres. elections have been pretty darn thin over the years. I also agree with Brewer on cleaning house in congress. Limit terms and clean house to keep out the "lifers". "Politics" is counter productive to serving the people.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:16 AM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
I'm also hoping for a Tom Delay & Pat Robertson republican ticket.
Well now, THAT would make it worth turning on the tv news in the morning now, wouldnt it?
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:20 AM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Cute Fuzzy Bunny)
Well now, THAT would make it worth turning on the tv news in the morning now, wouldnt it?
Entertaining, but a bit of a brinksmanship game for those of us who are more inclined to the center. 80% chance of getting a centrist democrat (since the kleptocratic fundie duo would likely lose), but 20% chance of having to leave the country in a hurry.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #30
Recycles dryer sheets

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 09:01:52 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to vote For someone instead of Against another one. Choices in Pres. elections have been pretty darn thin over the years. I also agree with Brewer on cleaning house in congress. Limit terms and clean house to keep out the "lifers". "Politics" is counter productive to serving the people.

I'm from Mass. Good old Congressman Marty Meehan ran under the oath he would only serve two terms. He changed his mind and said he could do too much good for the people. Mass. keeps electing him and the knucklehead twins to the Senate.

I've also seen the rants on other boards about Senators, congressman, etc changing history in their Files on a new Library web site (can't recall the name) Marty got his term limit Oath deleted.

Scum bag.
wallygator69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallygator69

Scum bag.
They are all "scum bags". Some are just more fully packed with effluent
than others. It's only a matter of degree.

JG
MRGALT2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:20 PM   #32
Recycles dryer sheets

Hillary if Dems want to lose again.

Wesley Clark - pres , Mark Warner - vp

That might help dems chance
Old 02-09-2006, 03:32 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Ah, Johnny Bravo surfaces again!
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:45 AM   #34
Recycles dryer sheets

I really like Wonder Woman, but most of America don't like a smart woman with a whip that kicks *ss.

On the other hand, Johnny Bravo, clean-cut ladies man type, people will go for
Old 02-10-2006, 08:06 AM   #35
Give me a forum ...

For those who didnt get the joke, there was an old Brady Bunch episode where Greg got picked to be "the next rock and roll superstar", Johnny Bravo. After he did his demo tape he found the whole thing had been modified with special effects to make him sound different. At the end, he found out they didnt care about how he sounded, he just happened to be a perfect fit for the white one piece outfit they had already bought.

Somewhere along Wesley Clarks run in the primaries, someone quipped that he was just Johnny Bravo. The dems had a suit, and he seemed to fit it.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #36
Recycles dryer sheets

Oh that Johnny Bravo, I was thinking of the cartoon character on Nickelodeon
Old 02-10-2006, 09:46 AM   #37
Give me a forum ...

I really enjoyed the 30+ year old tv reference. Thought I'd share
Old 02-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #38
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I really like Wonder Woman, but most of America don't like a smart woman with a whip that kicks *ss.

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote