The "IRS" is giving refunds on credit cards!!

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
My Nigerian bankers never came through and I'm still waiting to hear back from the Spain & Belgium lottery boards, but it looks like the IRS is really going to make us rich. Here's what they e-mailed me this morning:

> Notification of Tax Refund on your VISA or MasterCard Now,
> After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have determined
that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $209.30.
> A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons.
Fox example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.
> Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
> To access the form for your tax refund please click the link below
http://61.77.18. 110:84/IRS.gov/
> Note: For security reasons, we will record your ip-address, the date and time.
Deliberate wrong inputs are criminally pursued and indicated.
Regards,
Internal Revenue Service
© Copyright 2007, Internal Revenue Service U.S.A.

That's amazing-- how did they know that I use a VISA or Mastercard? You can tell that it's from the IRS because it's copyrighted and, just like last time, they threatened to chase me down if I gave them wrong information again.

Gosh, who needs LBYM when we have the IRS!

P.S.: I included the IP address (with an extra space to avoid automatic link-parsing) for those who know what they're doing with whois and other website tools. But if you aren't experienced at dealing with ports & phishing fraud then please don't follow that link… BMJ, Laurence, and his brethren will be along shortly to tell us who's behind this.

I'll bet they just need you to enter your MC or Visa number, expiration date, and PIN at that website, so that they can ADD money to your credit card accounts, too!

I liked "the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have determined". Very bureaucratic sounding. :)

Back
Top Bottom