The Next Time You Buy, Lease or Steal a Vehicle

Absofrigginlootly! DW has had a BMW 325 convertible since 2001...I actually just got home with it this evening (from daughter's field hockey game) and I actually got to drive it and it DIDN"T need gas :D

I also owned a (then) 15 year old MGB that I kept for 10+ years...it's nickname was "Adventure"...'cause that's what you went on every time you drove it ~ never knowing where it might strand you next :-[ ...still FUN to drive!

I drove an MG for 13 years. Low mileage because it spent so much time in the shop.

And wear a hat!

Nothing worse than a sunburned head.

That's an absolute truth!!! Been there...Done that!!! Out on a boat on the river in New Orleans.....in the summer....with my bald head uncovered....for several hours! OUCH!!! Complete with blisters!

I think I'll stick to hard tops just to be safe! :rolleyes:

.... and it would mess up my hair.
Charlotte
O0well it does mess up your hair, but then that free spirit wind blown look is what you want anyway.
Here's a showroom picture of mine, and as others have said .... it's more fun to drive then you can imagine.
As to the mid-life crisis.....I have a hottie comment on it at least once a month, and sometimes once a week. Keeps the blood pumping both on and off the road.

Attachments

• wallpaper93c_1a.jpg
    wallpaper93c_1a.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 3
Sunscreen. Lots of it...

That's my problem Nords. I gave up smoking (pack a day habit) cold turkey, seriously it wasn't that hard for me. I stopped drinking other than a couple beers a week (which doesn't really count) but I can't get on the sunscreen thing.

All summer long I have a golden brown tan on my face and arms and I get yelled at by all of my relatives. I know I should be wearing sunscreen, I just hate putting the stuff on. My wife the nurse tells me I'm going to hate skin cancer more, but I'm stubborn.

Good thing you dont live in my neighborhood. You go outside around here without sunscreen and a hat on, you spontaneously combust.

I know I should be wearing sunscreen, I just hate putting the stuff on. My wife the nurse tells me I'm going to hate skin cancer more, but I'm stubborn.
FWIW the sunscreen options have gotten a lot better over the last few years. There are a lot of SPF 30-50 options that are non-greasy, non-smelly, and sweatproof. The worst part of "no sunscreen" is being ambushed by a harsh sunburn on the first or second day of vacation and having to spend the rest of the time staying out of the sun. We can walk along Queen's Beach or White Plains Beach surveying the crowds and noting "Well-done, crispy, medium, well, oh, look, a medium-rare newbie!"

I usually wear a lifeguard hat for yardwork but I can't surf without sunscreen every two hours. If I could find a decent surfing hat I'd start wearing one.

After five years here my PIL went through a couple carcinoma surgeries, one of which could best be described as "excavation". They're fine but I suspect that scare contributed to their decision to move back to the Mainland.

We just purchased a Honda Pilot. Get 24 mph. It is our only car, we live 30 miles from WalMart. Have the 2 wheel drive model. Runs most of the time on 3 cylinders. Paid $2,000 under invoice. Big cars are not in favor now. At $3 a gallon it cost us $16 a month more for gas. Suprise our insurance went down $28 from the 1999 Toyota Camry.

Started wearing a Tilley this year -
2.jpg

Good thing you dont live in my neighborhood. You go outside around here without sunscreen and a hat on, you spontaneously combust.

It's all about location. I live in Chicago, we have the same reaction to a sunny day as a desert nomad would to an iceberg.

Back
Top Bottom