Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

The swift boating of Graeme Frost
Old 10-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

The swift boating of Graeme Frost

Last night on the "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" there was a article/video titled the "The swift boating of Graeme Frost."

On or about 10 October 2007 an article/video titled "GOP Attacks 12 Year Old" aired on the Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

If you are interested in more information on this subject google "GOP attacks 12 year old."

It is extremely sad that RUSH and some (did not say all) of the so called conservative compassionate Republicans have to attack a young 12 year old boy and his family. I do not know how anyone anywhere can justify or condone the harassment and the death threats that this family has been subjected to.

GOD BLESS
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

If that link doesn't work for you, try this one.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Come on Wags... for a political troll you should be able to do better than that!
Rustic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #4

I don't quite see the validity of the point that is being made.

If the Democrats are going to use a cripled 12 year old in their latest battle of the Great Game, then isn't that person subject to scrutiny ? The Democrats were using this young man for their own propaganda purposes.

The so called outrage is not quite justified.

Maybe the Democrats could use other 12 year olds to make their talking points on other issues.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Wags, I admire your ability to get your political opponents to take the bait again and again, but maybe it is time to give it a rest.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Swift Boating Graeme Frost
Old 10-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #6

The Swift Boating Graeme Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post

If the Democrats are going to use a cripled 12 year old in their latest battle of the Great Game, then isn't that person subject to scrutiny ? The Democrats were using this young man for their own propaganda purposes.

Maybe the Democrats could use other 12 year olds to make their talking points on other issues.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you Engineeringmyfinances for the help. It is appreciated.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX X
It's no different then when Reps or Dems use their children in campaign ads and then complain because their children are fair game to the media.

I do not think that the use of the c=word when identifying this 12 year old was appropriate or politically correct. Maybe you should have identifed him as a person with a disability.

Maybe the Reps should use mouthpieces with common sense.

Come on get real since when has a 12 year old person with a disability been fair game? Or since when has any 12 year old been fair game? These are grown men and women picking on poor defenseless kids.

Whether or not the Dems were using the 12 year old boy for propanganda it still does not give the so called conservative compassionate Reps (some NOT all) the right to attack him and his family. Oh I forgot Old George W and the Reps set that as acceptable behavior during the Presidential elections when they attacked an American VETERAN who happened to be a person with a disability and in a wheelchair.

Now that's what you can call an outrage and disgraceful.
GOD BLESS
WAGS
Lifetime member of the DAV
Old 10-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Last night on the "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" there was a article/video titled the "The swift boating of Graeme Frost."

On or about 10 October 2007 an article/video titled "GOP Attacks 12 Year Old" aired on the Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

If you are interested in more information on this subject google "GOP attacks 12 year old."

It is extremely sad that RUSH and some (did not say all) of the so called conservative compassionate Republicans have to attack a young 12 year old boy and his family. I do not know how anyone anywhere can justify or condone the harassment and the death threats that this family has been subjected to.

GOD BLESS
yaaawn.. If there actually was a GOD, I'd like to think he'd BLESS me by quelling your compulsion to post this kind of stuff.
mh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh View Post
yaaawn.. If there actually was a GOD, I'd like to think he'd BLESS me by quelling your compulsion to post this kind of stuff.
YES there is a GOD! You have the FREEDOM to believe or not to believe.

As for me posting whatever I decide to post that is called FREEDOM and you have the FREEDOM of choice of reading it or not reading it.

These are some of the reasons that brave men and women have and continue to defend OUR NATION so that folks like you and me will have that FREEDOM.

GOD BLESS
Old 10-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Easy folks.

Everyone has been pretty civil on the political threads lately. Let's not get too personal.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post

It is extremely sad that RUSH ....
Didn't even look at the link, but I would like to point out that IMO, RUSH says whatever he thinks will attract a certain audience. Same can be said for many extremists on all sides.

So i wouldn't call the content of what they say 'sad'. I do think it is a bit sad that people take any of these extremists seriously.

JMO.

-ERD50
ERD50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:55 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Quote:
was making an appeal for President Bush to reconsider his veto of legislation that would have expanded the program designed to provide health coverage to children of the working poor
Interesting link, thanks for posting it.

This is the first that I have heard about this, but it seems that once this child began to make a political statement that he was considered fair game. That's the way to game in Washington D.C. is played today, unfortunately.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:13 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post

Typical political games.........they will continue to trot out kid after kid........ Doesn't anyone think that USING a 12 YEAR OLD is pretty weak? :confused:

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:34 AM   #13

They thought it was safe.... No one would question 'the children'.

You know while we are on politics, did anyone else wonder how 'Spending' became 'Investing' during the Clinton administration?
Rustic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:44 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic23 View Post
They thought it was safe.... No one would question 'the children'.

You know while we are on politics, did anyone else wonder how 'Spending' became 'Investing' during the Clinton administration?
Must be the "new math"I never learned.........

I think we should fire Congress and start over..........

Old 10-18-2007, 09:45 AM   #15

Since SCHIP is specifically FOR CHILDREN, it would be hard to imagine that the discussions should be off-limits to familes with children! Same with "No Child Left Behind" or the "snowflake babies" or whatever on the republican side.. no-one called those kids "human shields" or had people stalking and harrassing them at their home.. geez! The Rs have really jumped the shark on this one.

Right-wing sis, unfortunately, takes the extremists seriously and keeps writing me stuff about how 'rich' this family is and so forth. She reads Malkin (gag), and really buys into this on the basis of ideology.

She doesn't care if overall it's more expensive for society (i.e, us taxpayers) when a family like this ends up bankrupt, jobless, homeless, or living on our dime in a welfare motel. She thinks it HAS to get to that point -rock bottom- before anyone gets even a penny's worth of help.

I think the R line here is to divide and conquer: pit the lower-/middle-class "haves" against the lower-/middle-class "have nots".

One funny thing I came across is that the same income segment that these folks are calling "too rich" to get a health subsidy.. is lower than the income segment that they claimed was struggling.. and "too poor" not to get a tax cut back when. Which is it? Logic is not their strong suit; bullying and agression is where they excel. They see a weakness and go for the jugular.

Now they are bitching about a second SCHIP family with a cardiopathic 2-year-old. The mom is even a Republican!! I've read sickening post after sickening post of how "irresponsible" it was for this woman to have:
a.) quit a job where she had health ins. for one where she didn't (despite these posters knowing nothing else about the pay and conditions of either job)
b.) borne a child several years later when she had no health insurance!!

Seriously, I have been coming across HUNDREDS of posts saying things like this and much worse about this 2-y.o.'s parents. There are really a lot more people that seem to be agreeing with this than some of the other wacky Limbaugh/Coulter/Malkin memes; it's really hitting a hate nerve with a LOT of angry angry people with hearts of coal.

For some wierd reason they don't resent tax money spent on rich people or big business, but they seem to go bonkers when it's actually used to help people more like themselves whose life's lottery came up short with an extraordinarily sick child. I don't know what vein of resentment it is tapping, but it's there and it's real. There are a lot more "extremists" on this than I'd have imagined seeing, talking about how there have to be carrots and "sticks"!! (just one of the milder examples). There is a heavy Calvinistic punitive puritanism element to it.

ONE thing has cleared itself up: I deduce from these vicious posts that the Republican line is: a married non-rich working couple should use birth control and if that doesn't work, abort the kid.. Some pro-life position, that!! Or maybe everyone with crappy/no health insurance should practice "abstinence only", within marriage (yeah, that must be it!).
ladelfina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic23 View Post
did anyone else wonder how 'Spending' became 'Investing' during the Clinton administration?
The ran words by their polling group. the words "Massive Investments" were received better than "Massive Spending" hence the use of such terms.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina View Post
Seriously, I have been coming across HUNDREDS of posts saying things like this ....

There are a lot more "extremists" on this than I'd have imagined seeing,
ladelfina, my trouble with all those statements is that we have no idea who, or how many people they represent. 'Hundreds' of posters could include some of the same people posting for all we know (are any signed with names like newguy, or booboobear?).

I can find something on the web that is pro/con on any subject, and find hundreds of wacky posts defending their beliefs on each side. I don't know if we can make much of it, other than there are extremists. A significant number? Don't know.

Quote:
For some wierd reason they don't resent tax money spent on rich people or big business,
Who is 'they'? I certainly resent tax money going to the 'rich' or big business. I think you may be dipping into a small paint can, and painting with a wide brush.

-ERD50
ERD50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
She doesn't care if overall it's more expensive for society (i.e, us taxpayers) when a family like this ends up bankrupt, jobless, homeless, or living on our dime in a welfare motel. She thinks it HAS to get to that point -rock bottom- before anyone gets even a penny's worth of help.
Funny, I have lived in the USA my whole life, I whole-heartedly disagree, there's PLENTY of govt help out there, and I have used some myself in the dark days..........

Quote:
I think the R line here is to divide and conquer: pit the lower-/middle-class "haves" against the lower-/middle-class "have nots".
That is ridiculous...........

Quote:
Seriously, I have been coming across HUNDREDS of posts saying things like this and much worse about this 2-y.o.'s parents. There are really a lot more people that seem to be agreeing with this than some of the other wacky Limbaugh/Coulter/Malkin memes; it's really hitting a hate nerve with a LOT of angry angry people with hearts of coal.
Maybe what they ARE sick of is continually using "pawns" to further political aims, rather than addressing the meat of the issue..........

Quote:
ONE thing has cleared itself up: I deduce from these vicious posts that the Republican line is: a married non-rich working couple should use birth control and if that doesn't work, abort the kid.. Some pro-life position, that!! Or maybe everyone with crappy/no health insurance should practice "abstinence only", within marriage (yeah, that must be it!).
Why are you so bitter?? :confused:

Old 10-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #19

FD:
1. Boh ..that's just what she says. I could add that she actually qualifies for this program in her state, has a special-needs kid, and refuses to sign up. So at least she is consistent! (actually she included that after some checking she thought the plan was also inferior to the one she's on through her DH's grad school -ahem-). She does have access to an alternate choice; some people may not.

2. Not so sure. I mean, that's what I read into the attempts to paint people who make $45k a year, have 4 kids (2 with brain damage), who bought a house for $55k in a bad neighborhood and fixed it up and now it's worth $260k as somehow "too well-off".

3. Well, both sides are guilty of that. But only one is harrassing brain-damaged kids with stalking and phone calls.

4. I'm not bitter. I agree with aspects of (real) conservative ideology. I just get irritated by inconsistencies. To me a pro-zygote anti-kid stance is inconsistent, as are people who are in the aggregate anti-abortion and anti-birth-control and anti-condom saying that these people are "irresponsible" for having a child.

ERD50, I guess you are right that it could be just a small squadron of flying monkeys repeating the same things everywhere, but from the variety of styles I didn't get that impression.

"They" is my sister and the National Review and the Weekly Standard and Hugh Hewitt and the Free Republic and Little Green Footballs and all the other far-right sites she follows. She'll thinks taxation is confiscation, but will tell me how important it is to have mining or timber company subsidies for "national security". How it's important to have the feds indemnitize the insurance industry against catastrophic loss, but that it would be bad for them to indemnitize individuals against catastrophic loss.

In the scheme of things she values business over individuals. Individuals are merely around to serve the needs of capital. She thinks the estate tax should be zero no matter how many billions you have (but thinks the rich are rich and the poor are poor due to "merit").

OTOH, she'll say things like "the government has the right to" (eavesdrop, intern people indefinitely, etc.). To me, a sane person, the US government is not an entity that has rights -- the PEOPLE of the US have rights and they may confer certain powers on the government, any of which could in theory be rescinded.

Here's a good RWS quote:
Quote:
Production and investment is the economy. Consumption is what fritters it away.
She is well-educated and has an MBA. What can I say?
ladelfina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #20
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
OTOH, she'll say things like "the government has the right to" (eavesdrop, intern people indefinitely, etc.). To me, a sane person, the US government is not an entity that has rights -- the PEOPLE of the US have rights and they may confer certain powers on the government, any of which could in theory be rescinded.
That goes anlong with my theory that ALL the Founding Fathers have been writhing in their graves for many, many years.

Fact is, the STATES should have the power to govern, not the Federal govt. We are so far from that it's crazy...............

I wonder how the rights of the average US citizen changed during World War II, was there "spying" on folks and such? I do recall innocent japanese-Americans being sent to "internment camps"............