The trip I took this morning...

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I took the old dog out after the coffee had finished brewing. She had poked her head around the corner around 5:30AM when the coffee was nearly done. She quickly made a bee line for the front door and I heard the obligatory, expected scratch. I walked her, came back in gave her morning treat. We relaxed for a bit: I read she dosed.

I went back to the kitchen to make a soft breakfast as the my two new dental implants continue to remind me of the presence. I popped an ibuprofen- thank god for them. It was at this point the the old 60+ dog silently got behind me. Did you note a seismic event around 6AM? It was caused by RayinPenn’s butt hitting the kitchen floor. It wasn’t at all graceful it was rather spectacular with arms flailing hitting the kitchen table and one of the chair. There may have been a scream. When I recovered from the shock I saw the old dog scamper off limping. Don’t worry she’s fine. I on the other hand I am pretty beat up as I can feel it, in various spots through the ibuprofen mask.

Dog assassins the newest threat to humanity..

You are a good storyteller, Ray. Hope that you will heal quickly and no more mishaps.

This is precisely why I trained the dogs not to enter the kitchen.

Yeah heal up!

Ouch! I bet you'll be even more sore tomorrow. I hope you heal fast.

Good thing you didn't break something. Didn't you just get a new knee?

My replacement knees have been with me for a while. I must say when I fell that was the first thing I thought about when assessing the damage. They apparently are pretty sturdy.

Dog assassins the newest threat to humanity..

Absolutely. Our Pekingese always operates in the stealth mode. He'll sidle up next to (or behind) us. It's good that we don't wear shoes indoors, as his paws and tail would be severely damaged. He startles the hell out of us regularly.

Heal swiftly Ray.

If you think dogs present a challenge, add a cat to the equation! They seem to appear out of thin air.
We have found adding a bell to a collar is a small price to prove "some" warning. Even then a cat walking between your legs can "adventure"

Hope you feel better soon

I enjoy these posts of yours & hope you continue writing them. Hope you're back to feeling good all around soon.

Back
Top Bottom